NCIFA Gives Initial Approval to Nassau County Budget, 4-Year Plan
- Nassau's News Just Got Better. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p1
Reports the approval of Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NCIFA) of the four-year finance plan of Thomas Souzzi in New York. Reason of the board for approving the plan; Vote on the final approval for the plan; Approval of NCIFA of 2.2 billion budget for fiscal 2002.
- Arena dreams. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/30/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p38A
Reports on the need to construct a coliseum in Long Island, New York. Replacement of the existing facility Nassau Coliseum; Agreement of government official Thomas Souzzi to build a coliseum; Cost for the construction of the coliseum.
- Key authority Q&A. Josefak, Lisa // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p33
Presents Glen Cove, New York, Mayor Thomas Souzzi's remarks about the revitalization of city's waterfront. Focus of the revitalization project; Problems in the revitalization efforts; Plans to encourage waterfront-related uses; Summary of the project.
- It's decision time in Nassau County. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/5/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p47A
Assesses the effects of the financial plan on the political career of Thomas Suozzi, an executive in Nassau County, New York. Views of the minority groups on the proposed bill; Impact of the budget policy on various businesses; Factors influencing the decrease of job opportunities.
- Oversight Analysis. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p31
Reports on the result of the analysis on the proposed spending package of Nassau County executive Thomas Souzzi in New York. Development of watch list action; Creation of the Nassau Sewer and Storm Water Authority; Amount of estimated savings produced by the contract settlement.
- Suozzi's first 60: 'Mark it incomplete' Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/1/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1A
Reports on plans of Thomas R. Souzzi, Nassau's seventh County Officer to prepare for an economic development strategy in New York City. Need to solve the fiscal crisis; Allocation of federal funds toward the cleanup of contaminated areas; Use of the Brownfield sites for business purposes.
- Nassau County Officials Fighting for Fiscal Independence. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p3
Reports that officials of Nassau County, New York will again meet at a state's oversight board on October 26, 2001 to discuss about balancing the County's budget for 2002. Proposal presented by officials to cut gap in the budget in the previous meeting held on October 23, 2001; Ways to utilize...
- Nassau County Budget Relies on Risky Assumptions, Oversight Board Says. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p4
The article reports that the proposed 2011 budget of Nassau County in New York is not balanced due to risky assumptions.
- County budget to be voted on this Thursday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the proposed county budget to be discussed in a meeting in Donley County, Texas.