Service Firms Add, Retailers Cut: Fed
- Retailers turn to events expertise. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Jan1998, p10
Focuses on the relationship between retailers and exhibition services companies in Great Britain. Efforts to improve consumer contact and profitability; Reliance on companies with core exhibition and events skills.
- Signs of slowdown continue. // Credit Management;May2003, p9
Reports on findings of the Quarterly Distributive Trades Survey of retail and services market in Great Britain. Significance of the retail sales growth in February 2003; Less optimism of retailers about the overall business situation; Decline in confidence in the service sector.
- SHOPPING INFORMATION. // Cosmopolitan;Mar2006, Vol. 240 Issue 3, p232
The table of contents for the March 2006 issue of "Cosmopolitan" is presented.
- Follow the Lead of Major Retailers By Giving Brand Some Flexibility. Alvarez, Eduardo // American Banker;1/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the brand consistency among financial services companies in the U.S. Consistency in retailing trends; Importance of appropriate image and messaging to different consumer groups; Reinvention of financial services.
- Census of Distribution and other services for 1966. // Accountancy;Mar1967, Vol. 78 Issue 883, p159
Reports on the preparations made by the Board of Trade of Great Britain to take a census or retail distribution and of certain service trades, relating to trade done in 1966. Need for the early completion of forms; Publication of the results of the census.
- When a retailer or manufacturer opens its own finance company. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;7/4/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p18
Reports on the growth of retail or manufacturing companies offering financing services in Puerto Rico. Total number of financing companies operating in Puerto Rico; Three options for retailers wanting to offer financing services; Comment by Irma S. Albert, supervisor of financing regulations...
- MARKET ORIENTATION OF SMALL BUSINESS MANAGERS IN RETAILING: THE CASE OF GUATEMALA. Kara, Ali; Spillan, John E. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 13, p114
The study of market orientation in both manufacturing and service industries has attracted significant amount of academic and practitioner interest in the current marketing literature (Han, Kim, and Srivastava 1998). This approach represents the implementation of the marketing concept and...
- On-line shopping services. // Progressive Grocer;Dec97 Supplement Sourcebook, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p34
Highlights RETEX Retail Technology Consortium, an organization which leverages the buying power of retailers to purchase electronic commerce, Web site hosting, design and development and in-store shopping kiosk services. Amount saved by members in refunds and dividends in four years; RETEX's...
- Negative charge. North, Kim // Money Marketing;10/11/2012, p31
The author talks about the negative changes occurring in the retail financial services industry in Great Britain.