Penn Station To Take Over Post Office
- MAIL RAIL London. Peach, Michael // Canadian Philatelist;May/Jun2014, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p143
The article focuses on pneumatic tube system for mail service in London, England. In London, a pneumatic system was built in the 1860s by the Pneumatic Dispatch Co., linking their offices to the Post Office's North Western District Office and Euston Railway Station. District Modernization and...
- N.Y.C.'s Penn station plan gets first nod. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p3
Reports on a tentative agreement between the US Postal Service and the Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corp. allowing the conversion of a landmark office building in New York, New York into a train station. Allocation of money for the project; Need for bond to finance larger expansion...
- Structural dynamics. Metz, T. // Architectural Record;Oct1990, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p54
Examines the new Stadelhofen Railroad Station in Zurich, Switzerland. Architect Santiago Calatrava; Features and design; Construction; Style of complex; Use of concrete and steel.
- City on track with plan to buy depot. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;02/16/98, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the near acquisition of the historic Southern Pacific Railroad Depot by the city of Tucson, Arizona. City Council's approval of a bid to Union Pacific Corp. to buy the depot; Importance of the restoration and redevelopment of the depot to the city's activities. INSET: Projects...
- Seaboard Air Line's Venice, Fla. station. Russell, Harold W. // Model Railroader;Aug97, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p76
Opinion. Offers information on the Venice station and railroad in Florida. Description of the station and railroad; Contributions made by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers; Background information on Venice.
- Cincinnati's big white elephant has changed its spots. Fleischman, J.; Baer, G. // Smithsonian;Jun92, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p102
Explains how Cincinnati's Union Terminal, the 1933 Art Deco extravaganza that started life as a train station, has metamorphosed into the Midwest's newest cultural attraction. Details of exhibits at the new facility, which is called the Museum Center; Scenes on the `time trail'; The center's...
- CONNECTICUT: Fairfield's 3rd Rail Station. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/12/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33630, p9
The article reports on the opening of the third train station in Fairfield, Connecticut in December 2011.
- Town continues fight for a transit station. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;1/24/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p2
The article portrays the continuing efforts by the township assembly and people of North Brunswick, New Jersey to have the New Jersey (NJ) Transit put up a train station in 2011.
- Railroad crossing. // Business Press;10/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p13
Reports on Texas' Richland Hills City Council's approval to the proposed site for a Trinity Express Railway station.