A STUDY INVIDIOUS RACIAL DISCRIMINATION IN ADMISSIONS AT THOMAS JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: MONTY PYTHON AND FRANZ KAFKA MEET A PROBIT REGRESSION
- Excellence out of plenty. Linnon, N. // U.S. News & World Report;5/27/91, Vol. 110 Issue 20, p60
Describes the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Fairfax County, Va.) with a course catalogue that reads like a major university's and a requirement that each student complete at least one year-long project during senior year. Learning to be analytical; Teaching students to...
- There's, like, a bug on me. That's cool! Friedman, Devin // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul99, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p92
Presents the author's experiences in a camping trip in Costa Rica with members of the biology and entomology clubs of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County, Virginia. Biology expedition with the Costa Rica Rainforest Outward Bound School; Core values stressed...
- Summer programs add up in education and public relations. // Curriculum Review;Nov93, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p18
Reports on summer programs for the improvement of overall educational outcomes extended by the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County, Virginia. Courses offered; Accelerated Learning enrichment program; Inclusions in the community outreach; English in the...
- Hearing seeks to put focus on integrating academics, voc. ed. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;05/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p15
Reports on the hearing which was held by the US House Education and Workforce Committee on vocational education programs and which highlighted the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology in Virginia. Plan to focus funding on high technology skills and steer away from traditional...
- Connections. Wei, Cindy // NCSSSMST Journal;Spring2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p12
The article offers information on the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology student conference to be held in Fairfax County, Virginia from October 18 to 20, 2007.
- Complaint says minorities are being excluded from specialized school in Fairfax County (Va.) district. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/24/2012, p4
The article looks at a complaint filed in the U.S. Department of Education in July 2012 against the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County, Virginia for its alleged exclusion of Latino, African-American, and disabled students from its gifted education programs.
- SUCCESS FACTORY. Lindsay, Drew // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p62
The article offers information on the features of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County, Virginia. It states that the institution is a science-and-technology school with an admissions process more complicated than those in colleges and universities. It notes...
- High School Students Launch Satellite Into Space. Rawlings, Nate // Time.com;11/21/2013, p1
The article reports on the launch into space of the satellite TJ3Sat, which was designed by students at the Thomas Jefferson High School in Fairfax County, Virginia, aboard a Minotaur I rocket as of November 21, 2013.
- Virginia School Finds 'Super' Prize's Uses Multiply. West, Peter // Education Week;12/14/1988, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p7
The article reports about the million dollar computing machine as a prize for the national computing contest offered by Minnesota-based subsidiary of the Control Data Corp. ETA Systems Inc. The 17 year old senior student Manish Tuteja and other two team members of Thomas Jefferson High School...