PROFILING AS NEEDED
- Striving for Equality. Mineta, Norman Y. // Chinese American Forum;Aug1987, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p5
The article presents a speech by Norman Y. Mineta at the Asian/Pacific American Heritage Week opening ceremony on May 4, 1987. He reflects on the determination of Asian immigrants to succeed in fulfilling their lives. He also notes that the racial discrimination as they often faced distrust and...
- Hijackers Now Eligible for Pre-Boarding. Coulter, Ann // Human Events;5/3/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 15, p6
Criticizes the guideline issued by U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta that prohibits discrimination against Arab, Middle Eastern or Muslim airline passengers by subjecting them to an added degree of pre-flight scrutiny. Objective of Mineta; Support of the American Civil...
- Transportation leader resigns. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Nov95, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p27
Reports on the resignation of Representative Norman Mineta from the US House of Representatives.
- Mineta departure sets off Democratic transport reshuffle. Barnes, David // Traffic World;10/9/95, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p24
Reports on Rep. Norman Mineta's decision to leave Congress to become head of the Transportation Systems and Service division of Lockheed Martin Inc. Impressions of Mineta on his successor, Rep. Jim Oberstar; Impact of Mineta's departure on Democratic legislative staff.
- Mineta pushes `useful' technology in new role at Lockheed... Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/25/96, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p57
Profiles former United States congressman Norman Y. Mineta who is now the senior vice president of Lockheed Martin IMS. Comments from Mineta.
- Rep. Norman Mineta. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;9/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 201, p2
Informs that Norman Mineta, Congressional Democrat Representative from California was expected to quit from his post to join Lockheed Martin, a defense contractor.
- Prime-Time Flying Fees. // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 193, p10
No abstract available.
- Aviation, Aviation, Aviation. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;1/8/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the nomination of Norman Mineta as transportation secretary in the United States. Aviation issues in the agenda of Mineta; Career history of Mineta.
- Mineta to forge bipartisan links. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;1/8/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p10
Profiles Norman Mineta, President Bill Clinton's commerce secretary. Career history of Mineta; Achievements.