- The praise connection. Mathers, Mayo // Today's Christian Woman;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p88
Features a story implying that prayer always works. Lightning and thunder as an example of fear; Emphasis on the importance of faith.
- We all need a little umbrella faith. Holcomb, Michael // East Bernard Express (TX);7/5/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 27, p5
The author teaches a lesson on faith whether how they are prepared for God to answer their prayers when they call on Him.
- OF MANY THINGS. Schlegel, John P. // America;5/14/2012, Vol. 206 Issue 16, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including faith and life choices, prayer life and environmental sustainability.
- An Inclusivity Prayer. Monroe, Laura // Quarterly Voice;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p14
A prayer is presented about the sense of inclusivity and faith.
- The Power of Honest Prayer. Chellew, Candace // Whosoever;Nov/Dec98, pN.PAG
Discusses the importance of an honest prayer. Material things asked in prayers; Influence of faith on prayers; Ways of praying honestly.
- Prayer as a Rebellion. Felder, Leonard // Tikkun;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p59
Discusses various Jewish reasons for petitionary prayer. First step toward opening the heart wide enough to be able to ascertain and focus on what needs to be done; Explanation of prayer that requires faith.
- Effective Prayer. Callisto Jr., Anthony // American Jails;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p77
Focuses on how to pray effectively. Importance of faith; Process of petition and obedience involved in effective praying; Effectiveness of personal and intercessory prayers.
- Wrapped in Love. Michaud, Ellen // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 282 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses prayer shawls, garments that are prayed over before given to the recipient. Research indicates that people frequently resort to prayer when either they or their loved ones are sick or injured. Furthermore, people who pray seem to be healthier and better able to cope with...
- Unceasing Prayer. Torrens, James S. // America;04/17/99, Vol. 180 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the significance of prayer. Reference to some biblical passages; Information on the teaching of the biblical Paul about praying; Insights on how the unceasing thinking is the source of joy as well as pain.