Teaching Sex in School
- Teaching Sex in School. Cohen, Richard M. // New Republic;6/28/69, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p11
Focuses on the opposition of conservatives and religious fundamentalists to sex education in the American schools. Initiation of the anti-sex education campaign by a former dean of Carl McIntire Shelton College; Comments on the link between communism and sex education; Accusation that sex...
- The Importance of Educating Adults. Martini, Kathryn // Just Out;9/3/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p28
The article presents the author's views on the importance of imparting sex education to children in the schools in Oregon, and discusses the challenges of teachers in providing education related to LGBTQ issues to the community of Sherwood. It states that the House Bill 2509 mandates a statute...
- MANAGING THE MATRIX. Hall, Randolph W. // ASEE Prism;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p42
Considers the matrix management principles adopted by a number of research universities. Role of faculty members in a matrix model; Ways in which schools can nurture cross-disciplinary research; Rewards of cross-disciplinary research for faculty members.
- Public colleges, universities 'have no more to give'. McGrath, Darryl // New York Teacher;10/29/2009, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the desperate situation of public colleges and universities amid the impending educational cutbacks in the state of New York as outlined by the New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) orgazation. It notes the overcrowded students in the State University of New York (SUNY)....
- The Social Health Association helps kids make wise decisions. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, Not for Profits of Note p28C
Features the Indianapolis, Indiana-based not-for-profit organization Social Health Association of Central Indiana Inc. 1993 projected income and expenses; Mission statement; Management team; Board of directors; Aims to provide sexuality education to school-age children.
- AMERICAN COMMUNISM. // America;11/13/1937, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p132
The article focuses on communism in the U.S. It is noted that communism in the country is working in every non-Catholic college and in several high schools where spineless schoolboards allow it entrance. It is stated that the movement occupies in non-Catholic pulpits and has bored into public...
- Mich. teachers assail universities that grant charters. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;3/13/96, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p5
Reports that a number of Michigan public school teachers are opposing charter schools by refusing to accept student-teachers from universities that grant charters. Teachers' complaints against the Grand Valley State University in Allendale and Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant.
- Faculty Planning Models: A Review of the Literature. Bleau, Barbara Lee // Journal of Higher Education;Mar/Apr1982, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p195
This article represents a review of the literature on faculty planning models with an in-depth analysis of faculty flow models to determine the scope of such quantitative planning models currently in use and their applicability as an aid to decision makers in differing institutional settings.
- The Role of Faculty in University Governance. Pfnister, Allan O. // Journal of Higher Education;Jun1970, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p430
The article discusses the issues regarding governance in higher education. Faculty and administration are the common parties involved when conflicts in administration and governance emerge. It mentions that poor communication is the reason why conflicts and disagreements arise in school...