THE FIRST FULLY TELEVISED WAR
- Reporting From Baghdad During the War. // Nieman Reports;Winter2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p75
The article presents an excerpt from the book "Naked in Baghdad: The Iraq War as Seen by NPR's Correspondent," by Anne Garrels, which discusses the reporting experiences of a journalist during the 2003 Iraq War.
- Reporting in Closed Societies. // Nieman Reports;Winter2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p80
The article presents an excerpts from the book "Embedded: The Media at War in Iraq: An Oral History," by Bill Katovsky and Timothy Carlson, which recounts the experiences of journalists who covered the 2003 U.S.-led war in Iraq.
- Patriotism and Journalism. // Nieman Reports;Winter2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p82
The article presents an excerpt from the book "Embedded: Weapons of Mass Deception: How the Media Failed to Cover the War on Iraq," by Danny Schrechter, which focuses on the experiences of journalists who covered the 2003 U.S.-led war in Iraq.
- Ten Years Ago: Objective Curly. Steele, Dennis // Army Magazine;May2013, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p26
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as an embedded journalist during the U.S. Third Army's invasion of Iraq called Operation Cobra II in 2003.
- What Price War Access? Barnhart, Aaron // Television Week;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p12
Comments on the coverage of the war in Iraq in 2003 by U.S. journalists. Role of the journalists in demoralizing the enemy; Importance of the journalists in determining the outcome of the war; Use of the journalists as instruments in winning the war.
- A Who's Who of TV Journalists Embedded for Iraqi War. Romano, Allison; Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;3/31/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p43
Presents a list of television journalists appointed for Iraq war as of March 2003.
- The Deadly Risks of War Journalism. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/31/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 13, p44
Focuses on the risks of war journalism. Number of the U.S. journalists died in the Iraq war; Problems related to Iraq war coverage.
- ROOMERS OF WAR. Alford, Kael // Photo District News;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p30
Presents a photo essay on the Palestine Hotel in Baghdad, Iraq, which became the base of journalists during the 2003 Iraq War.
- War Delays Causing Reporter Uncertainty. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p5
Relates the uncertainty felt by journalists in Iraq caused by war delays. Potential danger that such reporters face while in Baghdad; Action taken by a number of journalists who stayed at the Al-Rashid Hotel; Reporter from CBS News who stayed in the city.