- Who's Hot. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p17
Presents charts and graphs depicting the market capitalization-weighted index of all stocks. Brokerage performance of Bear Stearns; Presentation of bank stocks ranking; Indices of bank stocks.
- Taboo dead? Fed rate hike didn't hurt bank stocks. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;5/23/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 98, p1
Reports on the strong performance of bank stocks as of May 23, 1994. Performance comparison with other stocks; Increase in the `American Banker' index; Positively gapped concept; Margin protection selling strategy of investors.
- Jittery investors turn to hedging with bank stock index options. Allen, James C. // American Banker;1/17/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the increase in trading in bank index options. Ways to insulate portfolios; Uncertainty over the federal budget and interest rates; Desire to hedge bank stock index positions.
- Bank, Thrift Share Prices on Mend from Q4 `98. Coyle, Tom; Dixon, Mary // America's Community Banker;Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the continued recovery of bank stocks in the first half of 1999. Percent year-to-date return of the SNL Bank Index; Sub-par return of the SNL Thrift Index.
- Bank equities short interest: New York and American Stock Exchanges. // American Banker;11/27/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 227, p22
Presents bank equities short interest in the United States as of November 15, 1995. Price indexes from the New York and American Stock Exchanges.
- S&P bank index hits all-time high, thanks to record 1-day jump. Kaplan, Daniel // American Banker;8/5/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 148, p40
Reports that bank stocks in the United States steamrolled into record territory on August 2, 1996. Performance of Standard & Poor's index of major banks; Effect of lower-than-expected employment report on the bond market; Other economic news which lifted the stock market.
- Bank Stocks Stage a Rally. Davis, Paul // American Banker;5/26/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 81, p16
The article discusses the bank stock indexes that increased during the last two hours of May 25, 2010 after experiencing a decrease at the start of the day amid concerns about European debt problems and the escalating tension between North and South Korea.
- Bank stocks' staying power tested with cooling economy. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;5/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 85, p33
Focuses on the performance of bank stocks in the United States for the week ending May 2, 1997. Record single-day point gain for Standard & Poor's bank index on April 29, 1997; Receding concerns about renewed inflation and higher interest rates.
- Some Banks May See Boost in Stocks from Listing in Key Index. TALLEY, KAREN // American Banker;6/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 113, p30
Reports on the addition of 17 bank-stocks to the Frank Russell Index, which tracks public companies in terms of market capitalization. Benefits that the bank-stocks are expected to reap from being listed in the index; Bank stocks slated to be dropped by Russell but that Sandler O'Neill analysts...