Two Big Players Show Better Results For Start of 2003
- Reader's Digest Wraps Up Flat Year; Books Are Fun Challenged. // Book Publishing Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Association Inc. for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006 ended June 30, 2006. The company cited the success of its magazine launch such as the "Every Day with Rachael Ray", whose cookbooks are...
- Reader's Digest. LaMonica, Paul R. // FW;11/7/95, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p22
Relates that the Reader's Digest Association's growth in Europe has slowed primarily because it had a problem targeting its mail solicitations and saturated the market. Making the same mistake in the United States; Expectation that Reader's Digest will be able to address the European problems;...
- RD Book Group sales flat, earnings down in fiscal '96. // Publishers Weekly;9/2/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 36, p10
Looks at the total revenues for the Reader's Digest (RD) books and home entertainment division for the fiscal year ended June 30, 1996. Fall in operating profit; Higher sales in United States offset by declines in Europe; The slow pace of RD's effort to turn around the performance of its...
- After Strong Growth In 2000, RDA's Book Profits Down In Latest Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
Reports the business growth of Readers Digest Association for 2000. Factors contributing to falling book-related revenues and profits; Information on the financial performance in 1999; Details on the management plans of the company.
- Profit woes. // Crain's New York Business;04/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p34
Presents information on the performance of Reader's Digest Association Incorporated's stock. Estimated earnings for the year ending June 30, 1997; Acquisition of `Walking' magazine from Cowles Media Company.
- RD earnings will not meet forecast. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p20
Reports that Reader's Digest (RD) has said that the company does not expect third-quarter and year-end results to meet Wall Street's expectations. Full year's earnings to be between $1.70 and $1.80 a share; Impact of the news on RD's stock.
- Book sales slip at Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;10/28/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the 1996 annual fiscal report from Reader's Digest. The book sales having dropped approximately three percent in the fiscal year ended June 30, 1996; The weak sales in Europe; Other fiscal information; What Chairman James Schadt wrote in his letter to shareholders, including his...
- Slow improvement at Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;2/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p15
Discusses financial problems at Reader's Digest, as of February 6, 1997. Revenues for the second quarter that ended on December 31, 1996; Books-and-home-entertainment products segment; Reader's Digest Young Families children's division; Expectations for the company, according to chairman James...
- Rough third quarter for RD. // Publishers Weekly;4/29/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p13
Reports on the poor financial performance of Reader's Digest during the third quarter of 1996. Decline in stock price; Revenues; Operating loss; Factors behind poor results.