Scalia belittles Brady law
- A ghastly incorrection in Oregon. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p29
Reveals Oregon state representative Liz Van Leeuwen has introduced a measure requiring each home in the state to have at least one firearm and ammunition. There would be no penalty for noncompliance, she says, but criminals would get the message that there are probably safer places than Oregon...
- Concealed weapons reduce crime. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/10/95, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p27
Highlights an article by Samuel Francis about states that have passed laws that allow almost any gun owner to apply for a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Statistics about the reduction of handgun-related crimes in Florida.
- Mr. Rock's missing zero. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/12/95, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the opposition to Canadian Justice Minister Allan Rock's Financial Framework for the C-68 gun control bill. Breakdown of the costs of registering handguns; Response of gun owners; Dispute over the payment of selective registrations.
- Senate Tories key to blocking gun bill. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/12/95, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p51
Reports on the opposition of Canadian Senate Conservatives to the Justice Minister Allan Rock's gun control bill.
- Now it's the law. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/18/95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p42
Informs that Bill C-68, the controversial Canadian gun control bill, has received royal assert. The measure to come into effect on January 1, 1996.
- The right to bear arms. Peterson, R.W. // Boys' Life;Jun91, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p20
Part IV. Reviews the second amendment to the United States Constitution, the right to bear arms. The hot debate that is currently going on over the amendment; Cases that have reached the Supreme Court over the right to bear arms; What the writers tried to protect when the amendment was...
- Should loaded guns be allowed in national parks? Marbut, Gary; Morris, Doug // Backpacker;Jun2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p43
The article presents answer to the question should loaded guns be allowed in national parks.
- Subpart C--Firearms. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;1/16/90-3/15/90, Vol. 1, p55
The article discusses Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) Procedure 90-1 regarding the identification number for special (Occupational) taxpayer. Purpose of the ATF procedure; Background information of the procedure; Its effects on other documents or procedures; Inquiries regarding...
- The Brady Handgun Prevention Act and the Community Protection Initiative: Legislative responses... Hatch, Orrin G. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1998, Vol. 1998 Issue 1, p103
Examines the Brady Handgun Violence Protection Act, in reference to the Second Amendment of the United States. Indepth look at the Brady Act; Indication that the Act was designed to fail; Views of the National Rifle Association (NRA) in reference to the Brady Act.
- The Gun-Control Controversy. // Congressional Digest;May86, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p130
The Federal Gun Control Act of 1963, is the subject of the current controversy in Congress. Since its inception, the Act has been regarded by some as too burdensome on the sellers and purchasers of firearms used by law-abiding citizens. Discussion of this issue includes: evolution of federal...