Creating a business Web site by yourself
- Net addresses may lead you astray. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;03/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the problem of parody sites with misleading headings which do not contain what they imply. Reference to various Monica Lewinsky web sites; Other phony sites; Consequences of this problem.
- Cybercast. // Adweek Eastern Edition;12/9/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p33
Reveals that 22 percent of on-line users prefer to glean their news from Web sites rather than TV.
- Roadkill: Bits & bytes. // Advertising Age;7/28/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 30, p16
Discusses two World Wide Web sites. The SwineOnline page, featuring a virtual pig; The American Lung Association's nominees for its annual Phlemmy awards.
- Does your Web site have zero hits? Advertise. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;6/25/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p49
Presents information on getting persons to visit a Web site. Use of advertising in the traditional media; Registering a site on a search engine; Use of direct exchange links and postings in newsgroups.
- 50 state Web sites. // Plastics News;12/8/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p15
Presents a listing of Web sites from 50 states in the United States which recruit and retain business. Address of the Web sites.
- Reining in Web sprawl. Klein, David // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 82 Issue 2, pM-3
Opinion. Focuses on how businesses such as Sprint and Chrysler are consolidating their sprawling Web sites of products brands. Strategies used by the companies; Reason for designs on all sub-sites.
- How to target new site promotions. Ward, Eric // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 82 Issue 2, pM-3
Reports that Web marketers are using search engines and directories as a means of promoting Web sites. Problems associated with search engines and directories; Importance of using specialized search engines.
- New and info resources for marketers. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1997, Vol. 82 Issue 2, pM-10
Presents information on Web sites such as Advertising Age Job Bank and Beyond Computing. Address and location of Web sites; Features of the Web sites.
- The best in Web sites. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1997, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p65
Reports on the results of the 1997 competition for the Irish Website of the Year. Selection of Arrow Golf as the Irish Business Website of the Year; Digital Equipment Ireland's sponsorship of the awards; Presentation of certificates.
- Building a web site strategy shouldn't be left to the techies. Horwitz, Belle // American Banker;10/23/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 204, p13
Presents several guidelines on how Web site users can effectively use cyberspace to their advantage. Brand development; Selection of Web site developer; Constant feedback-and-response process; Customer focus; Management ability.