Americans discover new way to worship: The study group
Tags: RELIGIOUS gatherings
- His truth is marching on. Hazelwood, Kim // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/28/93, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p34
Describes the Edmonton march to the legislature grounds of some 7,000 families, teenagers, middle-agers and seniors, declaring to the world that Jesus Christ is `King of the Nations.' Edmonton event called a celebration, not a protest; Theme to praise Jesus Christ; Smaller-scale marches...
- Every tongue will confess him. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p33
Describes the March for Jesus event that recently took place in the city of Edmonton. The event was part of a global march that took place in 170 countries; Comments from the some of the Edmonton event's 12,000 participants. INSET: A public prayer for the..., by Michael Jenkinson and Debra Badun.
- Christians in the streets. Champion, Chris // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/12/95, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p36
Reports on the 1995 March for Jesus in Canada. Comments from coordinators; Strength of participation; Organization of the 1994 Global March for Jesus.
- Edifice complex: Temple and church become one. Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/96, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p1
Presents information on the Cedars House, in Waterloo, Ontario, where a Christian, and Jewish congregation have united to worship God under one complex. Historical significance of this move; Description of the building; Examination of the arrangement between the two denominations; Cost of the...
- Revivals raise their tents in Southern cities. Parker, Suzi // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 102, p3
Discusses the popularity of religious tent revivals in the Southern United States and discusses the strength of religion in the United States.
- The christian soldiers march on Washington. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;10/27/97, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p48
Focuses on a number of men who assembled on Washington Mall on October 4th, 1997, and sang Martin Luther's hymn, `A Mighty Fortress Is Our God.' Details on counterdemonstrators from the National Organization for Women; How the men prayed; Reference to Mike Stanford from Midlothian, Virginia.
- The American Prayer Hour. // CLGS Newsletter;Jan2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p3
The article offers information on the American Prayer Hour to be participated by the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry (CLGS) and other co-sponsoring organizations at the Pacific School of Religion (PSR) in Berkeley, California on February 14, 2010.
- Time travelers. Schickel, Joseph // Commonweal;6/2/95, Vol. 122 Issue 11, p7
Presents the author's experience during a religious gathering at the 15th-century Saint Valentinus church in Austria. Activities during the pilgrimage to the church; History of the church's construction; Description of the spiritual impact brought by visiting the church.
- Sic transit mega. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;2/15/95, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p191
Comments on changes that affect the growth of Christian congregations. Messiah Lutheran Church.