Tri-City replenishes funding for minority business loans
- Pennies from heaven. // Entrepreneur;Jan1996, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on viable financial sources for women and minority entrepreneurs in the United States. Informal investment networks; Role of venture capital.
- NetWork Kansas launches Minority and Women Business Multiplier Loan Fund. // High Plains Journal;11/4/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 45, p8B
The article reports on the move of entrepreneurial group NetWork Kansas to unveil its Minority and Women Business Multiplier Loan Fund that provides financial help to minority and women-owned businesses in Kansas.
- Women, minority businesses trail in getting SBIR funds. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/5/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p9
The article reports that women-owned and minority businesses in Connecticut are on track to receive small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants.
- Controlled second tier. Ruth, Jennifer A. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Summer95, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p14
Describes the controlled second tier procurement program for minority- and women-owned business enterprises (MWBE). Panacea to the economic empowerment of historically under-utilized businesses (HUB); Additional benefits for the HUB; Elements of control built into the program; Recommendation by...
- New York strengthens bond access to minority-owned businesses. // Business Journal (Central New York);3/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p2
The article focuses on the New York State Bonding Initiative program. The program aims to provide opportunity for minority and women-owned business enterprises to compete for contracts on both commercial and public projects. It features an educational workshop that will focus on how to improve...
- Working Woman raises $20M to expand online women, minority business exchange. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/18/2000-01/01/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p26
Reports that Working Woman Network Inc. has raised funding to finance its online women, minority business exchange. Company's plans of launching its Women & Minority Business Exchange; Total amount raised by Working Woman; Funding sources of the company.
- SBA launches small business loan programs. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 40, p1C
Reports that the US Small Business Administration has launched two small loan programs that are expected to provide more than $1 billion in hard-to-get small loans to startups, women and minority-owned firms.
- SBA launches effort for increased lending to women, minorities. Cummins, Claudia // American Banker;3/14/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 49, p3
Reports on federal government measures to ensure financing of women and minority owned business enterprises by the Small Business Administration (SBA). Brainstorming of government officials with private bankers; Share of nonbank financial firms in SBA lending; Orientation of the SBA.
- Small Business Administration promises more lending for women, minorities. // Jet;8/1/94, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p39
Reports on plans by the Small Business Administration to double the number of loans to minorities and women by September 30, 1995. Results of agency research on loans to blacks, Hispanics and women.