1995 Big Buck Club winners
- Managing Broken Land. Phillips, John E. // Hunt Club Digest;Winter2007, p24
The article offers information about the deer management program of the Schichtel Hunting Club in New York. The club has the challenge of learning how to manage deer on small tracts of property owned by the Schichtel family. The author also mentions the club's intensive food-plot planting...
- The Case for Blends. Robb, Bob // Hunt Club Digest;Spring2003, p78
This article provides suggestions to deer hunters who plan to maximize land productivity with a view to improving their hunting area. Most deer hunting club members are engaged in some sort of food plot program or another. The old winter/summer plan does not maximize the tonnage of high-value...
- THE TROPHY CLUB. Nickens, T. Edward // Field & Stream;Jul2007, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p64
The article presents information on the deer hunting club named Oakland Hunting Club of South Carolina. Its 12,000 acres sprawl across the South Carolina swamp country between Lake Marion and Lake Moultrie, the famous Santee-Cooper reservoirs. Oakland Hunting Club is known for its quality deer...
- GREAT DEER HUNTING JUST FOR YOU. Bestul, Scott // Field & Stream;Feb2010, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p48
The article focuses on the author's view regarding renting a land for deer hunting in the U.S. He cites that land for lease fees are shaped by several factors including habitat condition, property size and hunting history. He says that owners of the land usually view deers as of no value. He...
- on the hunt. SAND, DANA // Cincinnati Magazine;Sep2012, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p44
The article offers information on several hunting clubs. Real McCoy Outdoors is a family-owned-and-operated outfitter, which hunters visit from far and wide to stalk trophy white tail deer. Elk Creek Hunt Club is Kentucky's premier sporting clays resort, with 2,500 acres and more than 1.5...
- Kirk Thomas: Bringing the outdoors to the disabled. // Hunt Club Digest;Winter2004, p95
This article reports that Kirk Thomas, now national coordinator for the Wheelin' Sportsmen NWTF, headed out for a morning of deer hunting. The air had a hint of autumn chill and as he sat in his stand and he watched a 7-point buck feed in the food plot before it wandered off. Thomas never pulled...
- Native Browse Vs. Man-Made. // Hunt Club Digest;Fall2005, p66
Focuses on man-made food plots and natural food supplies for deers. Discussion on the wildlife food plot forming business of hunters; Views on deer hunting; Information on supplemental food plots that are planted by hunting clubs.
- Going In Cold, Coming Out Hot. Robb, Bob // Hunt Club Digest;Fall2005, p72
Presents the author's experiences of hunting. Discussion on bow hunting; Information on facilities that are provided by hunt clubs to hunters; Discussion on deer hunting.
- Anglers Not Off the Hook. // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p51
The article offers information on several educational programs and events related to fishing and hunting being offered by various fish and game clubs in Ontario including the Edu-Cast program, the Angler and Young Angler program and the Greenwing program.