Environmental Protection Fund finances community projects
- Voters across the country say yes to park investments. Myers, Phyllis // Public Management (00333611);Mar97, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the United States voters' approval for state and local funding for parks, open space and environmental revitalization in rural and urban areas. Amount of money allotted for environmental and park development programs in each state and regions; Summary of the results of park ballot...
- State plans workshop to explain new environmental rules Sept. 17. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p41
Reports on an information workshop aimed at providing assistance to municipalities and nonprofit groups applying for federal grants which will be held in Poughkeepsie, New York on September 17, 1997. Hosts of the workshop.
- An environmental SOS. Whitcomb, Vanessa Lide // China Business Review;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p30
Deals with the sources of the financial needs necessary to support China's environmental reforms. World Bank; International Development Partners; Asian Development Bank; United Nations Environment Programme; United Nations Development Program; US Environmental Protection Agency. INSETS:...
- Weighing the cost. Penne, R. Leo // State Government News;Jan94, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the financial aspects of federal environmental programs in the United States. Clean Water Act; Safe Drinking Water Act; Clean Air Act; Superfund; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act; Concern regarding efficiency of environmental laws; Environmental Protection Agency; Suggestions.
- Russia's environmental clean-up. // UNESCO Courier;Mar95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p41
Reports that in November 1994, the World Bank loaned Russia $110 million for an Environmental Management Project. Goal to upgrade the country's environmental protection system and clean up pollution; Immense task of reversing environmental degradation.
- NRCS taking applications for EQIP funding. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/1/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p10
The article reports that the deadline for the application in the 2008 Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) funding in Texas will be on November 16, 2007.
- I'll grant you that... // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Apr-Jun98, Issue 68, p23
Announces the recipients of grants for a varied range of environmental projects, from the Conservation Alliance in Australia. Identity of those groups who received grants; Background data on the Alliance; Total amount of finance available from the Alliance.
- The Nature Conservancy in New York. Mahar, Jessica Ottney // City & State;9/4/2012, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p21
The article reports that the projects of the New York Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) are chronically underfunded.
- Russian clean-up. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p33
Reports on World Bank's first environment-focused loan to Russia called the Environmental Management Project. Reversal of the environmental neglect; Replacement of the environmental management system; Establishment of new pollution abatement fund.