Recreation and posted lands
- Tips for visitors on private property. // New York State Conservationist;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 2, Wild in New York p5
Presents tips for visitors on private woods and fields. Asking owners for permission; Inquiry on what activities are allowed.
- Taking responsibility. Disney, Jim // National Parks;May/Jun97, Vol. 71 Issue 5/6, p48
Opinion. Presents that author's view about the community values which are embodied in the traditional role of government to protect the general health, safety, and welfare. Argue that the property rights advocate; Course of action suggested by the author instead of debating in terms of...
- Property frights. Carson, Ed // Reason;May96, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the property rights movement in the United States. Emphasis on federal laws; Passage of the Growth Management Act in Washington; Impact of environmental concerns on the opposition to the property rights referenda.
- Property-rights reversals. // Policy Review;Jul/Aug96, Issue 78, p60
Demonstrates that average Americans oppose legislation that protects their property from uncompensated takings by the government, as discussed in Ed Carson's article `Property Frights' in the May 1996 issue of the periodical `Reason.' Property rights activism in state legislatures.
- Beyond law and economics: Theological ethics and the regulatory takings debate. DeCosse, David E. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p829
Attempts to introduce a perspective on the debates in the United States Congress and the courts about defining the statutory and constitutional lines between private property and public regulatory authority in the formation of fundamental conceptions of democratic government and social...
- Common ground: Reconciling rights and communal concerns in real property law. McInerney III, Thomas F. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p831
Discusses reconciling rights and communal concerns in real property law in the United States. Analysis of recent Supreme Court cases; Communitarian approaches to property rights; Progress towards a communitarian understanding of real property rights.
- Legal entitlements as auctions: Property rules, liability rules, and beyond. Ayres, Ian; Balkin, J.M. // Yale Law Journal;Dec96, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p703
Discusses different ways for policymakers to protect legal entitlements or property rights in the United States. Property rules and liability rules as techniques for protecting entitlements; Discussion of entitlements as internal auctions; Advantage of second-order liability rules; Efficiency...
- Takings policy: Property rights and wrongs. Echevarria, John; Dennis, Sharon // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall93, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the formation of a property rights movement with the aim of rolling back health, safety and environmental regulations. Shared responsibility of an individual and the public; Takings impact assessment process; Impact of private acts for private lands.
- Whose land is it, anyway? Humbach, J. // Audubon;May/Jun92, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p112
Opinion. Discusses a property-rights case currently before the US Supreme Court: `Lucas v. South Carolina Coastal Council.' Argues that the nation's ability to protect the land and natural resources cannot be compromised by the profit motive. Details of the case; Development value of land...