Keep it clean
- Bird feeder tip. Hoffman, Joan C. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p34
Presents `Armor All,' a protectorant which protects and renews the plastic-like container which holds the seeds in a bird feeder. How it works.
- THE BACKYARD. COOK, KEVIN J. // Bird Watcher's Digest;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p74
An answer is offered to a question on whether the Clorox will seep into the wood and cause harm if used for cleaning three feeders made from logs for suet and peanut butter.
- Feeders Are the Stage for Hummingbird Shows. Rose, B. J. // Town Square;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p56
The article offers tips on how to attract hummingbirds. It suggests using red color for the feeders of hummingbirds. It recommends the use of artificial nectar to save money in feeding the birds. The author also indicates the need to keep the containers clean and the solution fresh to prevent...
- Bird feeders for the window. Kimber, R. // Country Journal;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p66
Discusses various types of window bird feeders that are available. Classic wooden tray; Clear plastic feeder that sticks to a window with suction cups such as those made by Aspects Inc.; `Window box' feeders including the Viewmaster.
- Peanut butter for the birds. Centrone, Rosie; Cote, Barbara // Child Life;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p34
Presents a procedure for making a feeder for birds for the winter season.
- Soda bottle birdfeeder. // Garbage;Oct/Nov92, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p61
Reports on beverage-container bird-feeders. Cheaper; Assembly.
- Squirrelproof birdseed. McCausland, Jim; Lorton, Steven R. // Sunset;Dec95, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p44
Presents a pepper-treated bird food mix packaged to disallow squirrels stealing the feeds from birds especially during the winter season. Contact information; Pricing; Bird feeds mixture availability.
- How to make birds love your orange juice. // Hopscotch;Oct/Nov95, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p22
Presents directions for making a birdfeeder out of an orange juice carton. Materials needed; Tips on where to hang the feeder.
- Wild birds in winter. Grossman, Ellie // Newsweek;12/23/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p18
Opinion. Presents the author's commentary on her bird feeders. Her purchase of the bird feeders; The growing popularity of her feeders among different varieties of birds; Author's maternal feelings toward the birds; Why the author decided not to take down the feeders.