Constitutional imperfection, judicial misinterpretation
- A lawyer lectures a judge. Berger, Raoul // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Summer95, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p851
Presents an essay entitled `A Lawyer Lectures a Judge,' by Raoul Berger that hinges on the nature of the constitution.
- Cross vesting: Good law bad policy? Wilson // Legaldate;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the decision of the High Court of Australia that the foundations of the Corporations Law are constitutionally invalid, which allowed for cross vesting or the transfer of some State powers to the Commonwealth courts.
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS--CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Annual Review 2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p345
Reports on developments in the U.S. Constitutional Law. Prohibition on the distribution of indecent or obscene materials to minors; Appropriateness of the use of email for court-ordered alternative service of process under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure; Violation of the Dormance Commerce...
- Legal alert: Restricting access to public libraries may violate the First Amendment. Goedert, P. // American Libraries;Jan92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p110
States that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit will shortly decide whether certain library regulations violate the U.S. Constitution. Original case of Kreimer v. Morristown decided by District Court Judge H. Lee Sarokin; Findings of the court; Regulation enforcers beware; Appeal...
- Accountability, liberty, and the constitution. Brown, Rebecca L. // Columbia Law Review;Apr98, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p531
Argues that political accountability has been misunderstood in terms of constitutional theory. Basis of this argument; Origin of the fixation of accountability; Evolution of majoritarian paradigm and its effect on understanding government; Factors associated with understanding accountability in...
- From Parking Fines to Pricing Conspiracies: The Code of Administrative Violations of the Russian Federation. Reynolds, Sarah J. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses the Code of Administrative Violations of the Russian Federation published within the issue.
- The Conservative Party and constitutional reform: The case of devolution. Burch, Martin; Holliday, Ian // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul92, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p386
Discusses the issue of constitutional reform in Britain and the problems caused by the lack of support from the Conservative Party. Examination of three aspects of the Conservative constitutionalist tradition; The issue of devolution and its Scottish dimension; External pressure for...
- The British Constitution 1991-2. Shell, Donald // Parliamentary Affairs;Jan93, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p1
Discusses constitutional reform in Great Britain in the light of various political events and trends. The European Community's influence on sovereignty; Subsidiarity and citizenship in the Maastricht Treaty of 1991; Labor and Conservative Parties' respective stands during the 1992 elections.
- The British constitution in 1995. Shell, Donald // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul96, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p390
Focuses on constitutional change in Great Britain in 1995. Speeches that demonstrate the British government's response to call for constitutional reform; Historical review of reforms in the constitution; Role of the political parties in constitutional reform; Events from March to December 1995...
- The new Russian constitution and its political impact. Sharlet, Robert // Problems of Post-Communism;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the political impact of the Russian constitution's ratification on December 1994. Background on the framing and ratification of the constitution; Implementation; Foreign policy.