Clothing: A study in human behavior
- Agency allows cross-dressing employee to stay on the job. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p10
Reports Florida Health Care Administration will continue to allow a male employee to dress as a woman. Factor's for supporting the employees cross dressing; Complaints raised by Florida Representative Cliff Stearns; Reaction of the agency.
- The language of clothes. Lurie, Alison // Human Ecology;Spring91, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on clothing as a form of language. Messages that clothing conveys; History of the statement that clothing is a language; Features of the vocabulary of language.
- L.A.'s hard look story. Lippincott, Liz // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/29/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 62, p10
Focuses on small manufacturers' production of lines of unisex apparel inspired by prison uniforms, violence, hate crimes and guns. Market; Reflection of owners to merchandise's look; Carlos Pena and Ghostown line of T-shirts; Ricky Schaffer and Hard Wear Clothing apparel; Shane Ralston and...
- What I wore to fall in love. // Glamour;Nov96, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p258
Presents readers' revelations about what they wore when they met, dumped or married their love partners. Clothes that create the first impression; What to wear to get even; What to wear to a wedding.
- Another hemline war? Brady, James // Advertising Age;8/9/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 33, p15
Opinion. Comments on the hemline standards set at the July 1993 Paris couture collections. Return of the short skirts; Statements from major women's wear magazines; Hemline war in 1970; Author's reminiscences about the mini skirt as publisher of `Women's Wear Daily'.
- Project a lawyer's persona, but lose the gray suit. Rubenstein, Bruce T. // Corporate Legal Times;Jun97, Vol. 7 Issue 67, p7
Asserts the importance of dress in the establishment of a corporate identity and as a management tool. History of lawyers' wardrobes; How dress relates to power in business relationships; Dress code prescription for casual Fridays.
- Merry-Go-Round. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/6/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 92, p4
Presents news on clothing & society as of May 6, 2003. Celebration of CFDA men's wear nomination by fashion designer Michael Kors; Cocktail party to celebrate the anniversary of the Central Park Conservancy at Luca Luca fashion boutique; Auction at Tod's fashion boutique for the benefit of...
- Working women's perception of brand-name apparel in enhancement of their occupational attributes. Kwon, Yoon-Hee // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct94, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p827
Discusses the implications of clothing to women's career advancement. Differences in perceptions of apparel brands for enhancement of women' self-images; Relationships of apparel brands on self-perceptions of occupational attributes; Effects of consumer variables on the perception of apparel...
- March makeover madness in scandaltown. Gajilan, Arlyn Tobias; Kwon, Beth // Newsweek;3/30/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 13, p9
Looks at the cosmetic makeovers of Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Linda Tripp and Kathleen Willey.