Earth Day 1990 around the world
Tags: EARTH Day
- A World of Earth Day Celebrations! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Apr2006, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p2
The article provides an overview on how Costa Rica, South Korea, Russia and the Philippines celebrate Earth Day.
- Earth Day 1990: Join the green team. Montgomery, R. // Boys' Life;Apr90, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p13
Describes Earth Day, a worldwide environmental event that will take place on April 22. What this year's Earth Day will focus on; How scouts can help out.
- Make every day Earth Day. // Current Health 1;Apr93, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p13
Discusses this year's celebration of Earth Day on April 22, 1993. 23rd anniversary of Earth Day; History of Earth Day; Forming Environmental Protection Agency; Passing Clean Air and Water acts; Environmental movement of 1993 much larger than 1970; What students can do to make a difference.
- Saving planet Earth. // Current Events;4/6/90, Vol. 89 Issue 25, p1
Discusses plans for the international celebration of Earth Day, 1990, the 20th anniversary of the first Earth Day, which took place on April 22, 1970. Public awareness of major pollution problems threatening the planet; Greenhouse effect; Ozone destruction; Acid rain; Clean Air Act now before...
- Making Earth Day count. Nixon, Will // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr1995, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the significance of the Earth Day celebration for the environmental movement in the United States. How the idea for Earth Day celebration was conceived; Highlights of the 1970 celebration; Major events slated for the 25th annual Earth Day; Contradicting ideas about the purpose of the...
- Earth Day everywhere. Dillingham, Maud // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr1995, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p36
Presents activities which will be held in conjunction with the 25th Earth Day celebration on April 1995 in the United States.
- What a difference a day makes. // National Parks;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 69 Issue 3/4, p50
Gives details on Earth Day and its inception in 1969. Birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970; Work done in the following decade; Creation of the Environmental Protection Agency; Celebration of the 25th anniversary of Earth Day in 1995 on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.;...
- Earth Day XXV. // National Parks;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 69 Issue 3/4, p54
Reports on the participation of the National Parks and Conservation Association (NPCA) in the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Earth Day scheduled to take place from April 21-23 1995. Venue; Features; NPCA's presentation.
- Celebrate the planet! Harris, Julie // Parenting;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p149
Presents information on events to take place in honor of Earth Day, on April 22, 1998. Aims of the events; Contact information.