Women who stay at home and love it!
- HAYES HOME IS PRACTICAL, BEAUTIFUL. // Ebony;Apr1957, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p66
The article briefly discusses Sarah Washington Hayes' home and her life as a homemaker.
- On educating Negro women. // On Educating Negro Women;2009, p225
Presents a letter from an author with the pseudonym `Matilda,' pleading for education of Negro women in the United States. First appearance of the letter in the August 10, 1827 issue of `Freedom's Journal,' the first Negro newspaper. Her view about the mathematical knowledge of Negro women; Her...
- DOLLARS AND LIPSTICK: THE UNITED STATES THROUGH THE EYES OF AFRICAN WOMEN. Monga, Yvette Djachechi // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);2000, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p192
Reflects on the image that African women in general and Cameroonian women in particular have of the United States (U.S.) and France. Hope attributed by African women to the U.S.; How the images of America is transmitted in Africa; Imitation of life style from the U.S.
- Going Fashionably Cultural with Headwraps for 1999. Scott, Georgia // New York Amsterdam News;01/07/99, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the trend affecting the use of headwraps for African American women for 1999. Features of the headpieces used by singer Erykah Badu; Comment by Carla Brown, art and history teacher at New York College and owner of Beyond Braids hair-care salon; Tips on using headwraps.
- Study Shows African American Girls Inclined to Science Early. // Black Issues in Higher Education;02/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p11
Reports that Afro-American women are inclined to science in their high school years due to female role models, according to a study completed at The Catholic University of America. Stereotype concerning Afro-American women; Why Afro-American families invest in their daughters; Factors...
- Starting over. Thompson, K.D. // Black Enterprise;Aug88, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p58
Part of a special report: Black Women in Corporate America. More and more black women are fleeing the corporate nest to spread their entrepreneurial wings. Statistics; Examples; Where to get information on entrepreneur organizations.
- At the crossroads. King, S.R. // Black Enterprise;Aug88, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p45
Part of a special report: Black Women in Corporate America. Profiles several black women in the upper echelons; Opportunities and barriers; Why so few make it to the top; Internationalism of the marketplace; Breaking into the corporate club. INSET: The path to the executive suite.;Detoured by...
- Corrections. // Black Enterprise;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p22
Corrections to articles in previous issues including "The Business of Art" and "50 Most Powerful Black Women in Business," by Cathy D. Ross in the February 2005 are presented.
- Making Waves: The Theory and Practice of Black Feminism. Taylor, Ula Y. // Black Scholar;Summer98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p18
Discusses the practice and theory of black feminism. Objective of black feminism; Factors essential to contemporary black feminism; Formation of the National Black Feminist Organization; Information on the rise of a black feminist jurisprudence; In-depth look at discrimination against African...