National Displaced Homemakers Network
- Skills training for women. Dabney, Gina A. // Tech Directions;May96, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the Displaced Homemaker/Single Parent (DH/SP) program in Oklahoma which provides training and courses for recently divorced or widowed women. Program history; Assessment and job readiness class; Enrollment procedure; Tuition and job assistance; Emergency fund which provides money to...
- Stuck at home. // American Demographics;Feb94, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents a report on displaced homemakers in the United States according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Definition; Factors for the vast majority of displacements; Progress of displaced homemakers in school and the labor force; Ways homemakers can become `un' displaced; Contact phone number for...
- Displaced Homemakers: Unresolved Issues. Zawada, Mary Ann // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Oct80, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p110
Identifies 16 unresolved issues facing displaced homeworkers in the 1980s. Examination of the literature and personal counseling experiences of the 1960s; Concerns of older workers; Welfare recipients' concern about losing their self-esteem and self-confidence as a result of receiving social...
- Scholarship Profile. // Indian Affairs;Spring2007, Issue 161, p7
The article announces that Mary Beth Jiron has received the Association on American Indian Affairs' Displaced Homemaker Scholarship.
- Displaced homemakers program. // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p10
Reports that in New York City, the Queens Women's Network Displaced Homemaker Program is taking applications for its free Job Readiness Course. Type of services offered in the course; Availability of several referral services; Where the center is located; Contact information.
- Displaced Homemakers (Book Review). Williams, Susan A. // Library Journal;10/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p2100
Reviews the book 'Displaced Homemakers: Organizing For a New Life,' by Laurie Shields.
- Starting over. Finucane, Stephanie // Westchester County Business Journal;4/25/94, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the displaced homemakers in the United States and their struggle to create a new life. Demographics; National voice for displaced homemakers and other women who are entering or returning to the workforce provided by Women Work!; Educational training and support services; Job club for...
- PHASEing women into the job market. Pallack, Becky // Inside Tucson Business;9/22/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
Provides information about the Project for Homemakers in Arizona Seeking Employment (PHASE), an occupational training program for the displaced homemakers seeking employment in Tucson, Arizona. Average number of people served by the program annually; Sources of PHASE funding; Benefits gained by...
- Help for displaced homemakers. // New York Amsterdam News;08/14/97, Vol. 88 Issue 33, p6
Focuses on the Displaced Homemakers Program at Bronx Community College in New York, which offer education to women who are divorced, separated, widowed or single. What are the services offered; Where further information can be obtained.