A greener future for Palestine?
- Palestinians pushed out of Jerusalem. GORDON, NEVE // National Catholic Reporter;03/12/99, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p19
Probes into the social conditions of Palestinians in East Jerusalem. Topics covered in `The Quiet Deportation' report; Housing problem confronting Palestinians; Treatment given to Palestinian women in Jewish hospitals.
- Must Palestinians choose? Eid, Bassem // Tikkun;May/Jun98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p61
Opinion. Comments on the social conditions of Palestinians. Reference to Israel's 50th anniversary of independence; Speculation on Israel's denial of Palestinians' liberty; Palestinian Authority's denial of Palestinian's human rights; Author's views on Israeli Occupation forces.
- Palestinians restricted in their own city. Aziz, Barbara Nimri // National Catholic Reporter;6/30/95, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p13
Focuses on the restrictions implemented on Palestinians as Israel gradually takes control of Jerusalem. Prohibition to let Palestinians walk inside the Jewish Quarter; Construction of road detours for Arab cars; Subjectivity to roads checks.
- Palestinian Israelis taxed and squeezed. Ruether, Rosemary Radfor // National Catholic Reporter;3/22/96, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p14
Looks at the plight of Palestinians who are living in Israel. Historical background; Treatment of Palestinians as second-class citizens; Oppression against Palestinians living in unrecognized villages; Details on the work of the Association of Forty for recognition for these villages.
- In the shadow of Chatila. // New Statesman & Society;3/1/96, Vol. 9 Issue 392, p23
Reports on the plight of Palestinian immigrants in Lebanon. Description of the Chatila; Palestinians killed in the 1980s.
- In the wake of the Hebron massacre. Orange, Wendy // Tikkun;May/Jun94, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p29
Describes the daily life realities for Palestinians. Settlers' festival of violence and resistance; Collective wish of death due to hopelessness. INSET: Tikkun's politics of meaning..
- Strangers in their ancestors' lands. Chesnoff, Richard Z. // U.S. News & World Report;7/11/94, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p40
Suggests that while Israel struggles to cope with Palestine Liberation Organization leader Yassir Arafat's return from exile, relations with its own 850,000 Arab citizens may prove to be a better indicator of whether Arabs and Jews can learn to share their cramped homeland. How being an Israeli...
- Open Letter To The Government Of Canada. // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the campaign against war crimes inflicted on the Palestinians. Appeal for an immediate change in the Middle East policy in Canada; Demand for immediate and unilateral withdrawal of all Israeli military forces from Palestine by the Canadian government; Affirmation of the universality...
- South Africa's Apartheid Experience Informs Israel-Palestine Discussion at Durban Racism Conference. Williams, Ian // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the government policies toward Palestinians as a form of apartheid in Israel. Theme of the Durban World Conference; Issue of South African apartheid; Reasons of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.