International Third World Legal Studies Association
- Whither the women's advisory council? // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/5/93, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p51
Speculates the Advisory Council on Women's Issues may have to be scrapped to save money. Comments from Alberta Premier Ralph Klein that the body would not be chopped; Resignation of Patricia Pardo-Demiantschuk from the council board.
- Status of Women. // Tunisia Country Review;2011, p139
The article provides an overview of the status of women in Tunisia with details on female population, life expectancy at birth, total fertility rate, maternal mortality ratio, and contraceptive use among married women.
- Gender discrimination and the original understanding. Maltz, Earl M. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Spring95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p415
Addresses the more common justifications for enhanced judicial scrutiny of gender-based classifications. Drafting of the Fourteenth Amendment by the Republicans; Justice Joseph Bradley's opinion on the Bradwell v. Illinois; Privileges and Immunities Clause as providing the only plausible...
- Women and the law. Thacker, Anne C. // Legaldate;Jul95, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Discusses laws concerning the recognition of women's public and private rights in Australia. Granting women of their right to vote in federal elections; Recommendation in the Law Reform Commission; Changes in the provision of compensation for victims. INSET: Student activities..
- The legal gains of the Libyan Arab woman. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on laws that benefit Libyan Arab women in Libya. Emancipation of women from all sorts suppression, injustice and exploitation; Official Declaration of Human Rights and Basic Liberties; Education; Personal status.
- Thailand: Development plan targeted by women's organizations. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p62
Reports on Thailand's preparation of the Eighth National Economic and Social Development Plan (1997-2001) aimed at strengthening national mechanisms to raise the status of women. Support for the plan from women's organizations; Recommendations of women's groups for ensuring that women's...
- Philippine Plan for Gender Responsive Development (1995-2025). // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p64
Reports on the Philippine government's launching of an initiative called Philippine Plan for Gender Responsive Development (1995-2025) aimed at giving women a more active and participatory role in the development process. Involvement of the National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women in...
- Prelude--new women's initiatives in Central and Eastern Europe and Turkey. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p65
Focuses on women's initiatives in Central and Eastern Europe and Turkey. Poland; Czech Republic; Slovak Republic; Croatia; Russia.
- Women in Germany--Basis-Info 13-1995. // Women's International Network News;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p66
Focuses on the legal status of women in Germany. Change in traditional role model; German women's movement; Focal points of the Second Equal Rights Act; Women and the family.
- Winfo Tonga-Nuku' Alofa, Kingdom of Tonga. // Women's International Network News;Winter2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p66
Provides information on the National Advisory Committee on Gender and Development at Nuku'Alofa in the Kingdom of Tonga. Status of women; Progress made in highlighting the significant contribution of women to national development; Role of the committee.