Tax Office collects child support from delinquent fathers
- ATO still vigilant on illegal early release schemes. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/20/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
The article reports on the reinforced efforts of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to repress the illegal early release superannuation schemes.
- SPOTLIGHT ON TAX 'BULLYING.'. Thomson, James; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;11/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p19
Reports that the Australian Senate plans to probe taxpayers' allegations that the Australian Taxation Office used bullying tactics in investigating tax schemes as of November 17, 2000.
- Super scammers. Mihm, Uta // Choice;Dec2011/Jan2012, p11
The article reports on an audit being conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) on promoters and users of early release superannuation schemes, which are suspected to be scams.
- Government outlays $244 million on super co-contribution scheme. Bailey, Michael // Money Management;2/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the funding provided by the Australian government for a super co-contribution scheme for the retirement savings of low to middle income earners. Additional payments received by savings holders from the Australian Taxation Office; Profile on the recipients of the payments.
- Tax Schemes Await Legitimacy. Treadgold, Tim; Phillips, Brandon // BRW;04/16/99, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the problems being caused by rules governing managed investment schemes. Effect of the rules on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and the Australian Taxation Office (ATO); Number of product rulings made by the ATO in 1998.
- Beware the empty promises. // B&T Weekly;11/19/2004 Supplement, p5
Reports on the launch of a nationwide campaign to fight promotion of superannuation early access schemes by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Impetus of the move; Payments involved in the...
- ATO raids accountants. Heathcote, Andrew // BRW;4/21/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p88
Reports on the apprehension by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) of John, Mark and Anthony Beekmans, directors of JMA Accounting Pty Ltd. over their alleged involvement in a fraudulent tax scheme. Sale of JMA Accounting to several accounting directors of Fortune Five; Number of clients...
- INTERNATIONAL TAX. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Aug1988, Vol. 102 Issue 1140, p56
Reports that external audits are a relatively new area of activity for the Australian Taxation Office.
- ATO warns tax schemes more targeted, tailored. // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the move of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to initiate new legal action regarding the promotion of illegal tax schemes and development of tailored and complex tax arrangements.