Tax Office collects child support from delinquent fathers
- ATO still vigilant on illegal early release schemes. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/20/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
The article reports on the reinforced efforts of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to repress the illegal early release superannuation schemes.
- Government outlays $244 million on super co-contribution scheme. Bailey, Michael // Money Management;2/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the funding provided by the Australian government for a super co-contribution scheme for the retirement savings of low to middle income earners. Additional payments received by savings holders from the Australian Taxation Office; Profile on the recipients of the payments.
- Beware the empty promises. // B&T Weekly;11/19/2004 Supplement, p5
Reports on the launch of a nationwide campaign to fight promotion of superannuation early access schemes by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Impetus of the move; Payments involved in the...
- INTERNATIONAL TAX. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Aug1988, Vol. 102 Issue 1140, p56
Reports that external audits are a relatively new area of activity for the Australian Taxation Office.
- ATO warns tax schemes more targeted, tailored. // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the move of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to initiate new legal action regarding the promotion of illegal tax schemes and development of tailored and complex tax arrangements.
- Renovations used to cover more than bad wallpaper. Su-Lin Tan // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/24/2015, p32
The article reports that the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is increasing its watch over professional service providers such as tradesmen and builders who facilitated money laundering schemes through property renovations.
- ATO use of 'access without notice' powers sound. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;2/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p9
The article offers information on the report by Commonwealth and Taxation Ombudsman regarding Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- ASIC, ATO: watch out for the sharks. Taylor, Mike // Super Review;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the warning issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Taxation Office against using illegal schemes promising access to their superannuation before retirement. Emphasis of the schemes to retrenched workers and those living in rural and remote...
- ATO HAS SECOND CLIENT LIST. Laurence, Michael // BRW;6/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p22
Reports on the arrest of two alleged promoters of illegal tax schemes at Sydney and Melbourne airports by tax and law-enforcement officers. Seizure of their Australian client lists; Details about the police investigation of the two promoters and their tax evasion schemes; Tax havens involved in...