Tax Office collects child support from delinquent fathers
- ATO still vigilant on illegal early release schemes. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/20/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
The article reports on the reinforced efforts of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to repress the illegal early release superannuation schemes.
- Government outlays $244 million on super co-contribution scheme. Bailey, Michael // Money Management;2/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the funding provided by the Australian government for a super co-contribution scheme for the retirement savings of low to middle income earners. Additional payments received by savings holders from the Australian Taxation Office; Profile on the recipients of the payments.
- Beware the empty promises. // B&T Weekly;11/19/2004 Supplement, p5
Reports on the launch of a nationwide campaign to fight promotion of superannuation early access schemes by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Impetus of the move; Payments involved in the...
- INTERNATIONAL TAX. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Aug1988, Vol. 102 Issue 1140, p56
Reports that external audits are a relatively new area of activity for the Australian Taxation Office.
- ATO warns tax schemes more targeted, tailored. // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the move of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to initiate new legal action regarding the promotion of illegal tax schemes and development of tailored and complex tax arrangements.
- ASIC, ATO: watch out for the sharks. Taylor, Mike // Super Review;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the warning issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the Australian Taxation Office against using illegal schemes promising access to their superannuation before retirement. Emphasis of the schemes to retrenched workers and those living in rural and remote...
- ATO use of 'access without notice' powers sound. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;2/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p9
The article offers information on the report by Commonwealth and Taxation Ombudsman regarding Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- More public sector job cuts. Green, Chris // Green Left Weekly;4/1/2009, Issue 789, p5
The article reports on the plans of public sector in Australia, including the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Australian Taxation Office, to cut more jobs.
- ASU split over tax office pay deal. Slee, Chris // Green Left Weekly;11/9/2011, Issue 902, p4
The article reports on the Australian Services Union's (ASU) split over the proposed enterprise agreement of the Australian Taxation Office.