Persons with developmental disabilities in long-term care
- THE DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION ACT. // Exceptional Parent;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the resolution Direct Support Professional Recognition Act in the United States.
- EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICES: A FAMILY-PROFESSIONAL PARTNERSHIP. Cantu, Carolyn // Exceptional Parent;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p47
Focuses on intervention programs to help families cope with a developmentally disabled member. History of early intervention programs; Family-centered intervention; Early Childhood Intervention Service.
- Developmental Medicine and Dentistry Reviews & Reports. Zelenski, Steven G. // Exceptional Parent;Jun2007, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p81
The article introduces a report on the challenges faced by developmentally disabled individuals in rural areas published within the issue.
- A definition of developmental disability. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p36
Presents a definition of developmental disability. What developmental disabilities includes.
- Other resources. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p36
Presents information on aging with developmental disabilities. Educational material; Issuing of newsletters; Person-Centered Planning Curriculum for Older Persons with DD curriculum; Videos.
- A global disability indicator. Verbrugge, Lois M. // Journal of Aging Studies;Winter97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p337
Presents a study conducted on disability which is difficulty in performing tasks due to health problems and the need for a global disaster indicator. Purposes which a global measure of disability serves; Discussion relating to desirable features of a global disability indicator.
- Intraobserver and interobserver reliability of assessments of impairments and disabilities. Brandsma, J. Willem; Heerkens, Yvonne F. // Physical Therapy;Oct97, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p1097
Evaluates the interobserver and intraobserver reliability of assessments of impairments and disabilities. Information on the participants and method used to conduct the study; Results of the study.
- Activity-based intervention and developmentally... Novick, Rebecca // Topics in Early Childhood Special Education;Winter93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p403
Contrasts the differences between the two disciplines, developmentally appropriate practice (DAP) and early childhood special education (ECSE). Service delivery approach known as activity-based intervention (ABI) discussed; What is ABI; Comparision of ABI and DAP; Recommended approach for ABI;...
- Causal attribution factors in conceptions of disability. Thorn, Katherine R.; Hershenson, David B. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Jun94, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p315
Examines whether casual attribution categories of faith, logic and power along with personal responsibility were components of attitudes toward disability in the United States. Aggregate ordering of 21 causes of disability for the four theoretical categories; Cultural consensus method;...
- Effects of staff implementation of a choice program on challenging behaviors in persons with ... Ip, Sau Mei Vitti; Szymanski, Edna Mora // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Jun94, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p347
Discusses the effects of staff implementation of a choice program on challenging behaviors in person with developmental disabilities in Wisconsin. Relation between intervention and group assignment; Design of observation sheet for challenging behaviors and choices; Supported community residences.