Buyers Still Holding California GOs, Despite Ratings Slide
- Matteson Sinks to Junk Status. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33774, p1
The article presents information on the investment-grade rating of the village of Matteson, Illinois by investment company Moody's Investors Service Inc. of the U.S. The downgrading of the village by the company was to the general obligation bonds and the rating was lowered to the certificated...
- New Britain, Conn., Downgraded to Baa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
The article informs that the bond credit rating firm Moody's Investors Service downgraded the rating on the outstanding 9.7 million U..S dollars general obligation bonds, 2014 Series A, of the city of New Britain, Connecticut from A2 to Baa1, and also states that the bonds are secured by the...
- Moody's upgrade of Milwaukee County should aid GO deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30377, p28
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the investment rating of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Implications to the county's general obligation (GO) bond issue; Expected amount of bonds that would be sold in the crowded market; Reasons for the upgrade.
- Chicago Suburb's School District Rating Junked. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;8/19/2015, p25
This article reports that on August 17, 2015, rating agency Moody's Investors Service stripped the limited-tax general obligation (GOLT) bonds of the Cook County Community School District 147 in Dixmoor, Illinois, of their investment grade rating. Topics discussed include the three-level drop to...
- Flint Mich's Deficit Earns Downgrade Threat. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p30
Reports the possible downgrading of the municipal bond status of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Effect of the bond rating on general obligation unlimited tax debt; Projection of the fiscal deficit; Plan to file a deficit elimination plan.
- Wisconsin Report Sheds Light on Red Ink. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/26/2014, p12
The article discusses the shortfall projected by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau of Wisconsin for baseline costs over the state's two-year budget based on tax collections and departmental revenue estimates. Republican Governor Scott Walker had previously warned of possible gaps in the budget cycle...
- Moody's Lowers Lancaster County, Pa., to Negative. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;2/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34062, p1
The article reports on lowered rating on the Lancaster County, Pennsylvania's general obligation bonds to negative from stable while affirming the A1 rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc., rating company, as of February 2014.Topics discussed were the reason for negative outlook incorporates a...
- Louisiana Hit with Second Warning About Budget Imbalance. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
The way Louisiana addressed a $487 million mid-year deficit with one-time budget cuts exacerbates credit pressures facing the state, Moody's Investors Service said.
- Moody's Goes Negative on Ferguson, Mo., Rating. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2014, Issue 34229, p1
Ferguson, Mo.'s use of reserves to paper over budget deficits prompted a warning from Moody's Investors Service that the city's Aa3 rating could face a downgrade.