TBMA Speakers: Bush's Tax Plan Would Spur Economy, Not Hurt Bonds
- Group updates `Agreement Among Underwriters'. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p4
Reports on Bond Market Association's release of an updated version of its standard `Agreement Among Underwriters' for municipal market. Change of the format of the agreement.
- BONDPAC Is Off Track. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p1
Reports that the Bond Market Association has temporarily stopped raising funds for its Political Action Committee (PAC) in the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Funds raised by the PAC as of September 30, 2001; Analysis of the funds donated by the PAC to the Federal...
- TBMA Will Not Seek Involvement In SEC's Anderson Markup Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of The Bond Market Association to avoid involvement on the case between the Securities and Exchange Commission and broker Mark David Anderson in Washington. Issue of markup guidance for debt securities; Support of the dealers to Andersen; Arguments on the rulings of the SEC.
- NEC UNIT TO DEVELOP DATABASE. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p1
Reports on plans of Bond Market Association to develop a bond data utility 'standard master database.' Data requirement for development of the utility; Return-on-investment benefits of the utility; Speculation regarding subscription-based service feature of the utility; Japanese firm selected...
- Bond Market Assn. mulls setting up a European affiliate. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/15/98, Vol. 64 Issue 24, p7
Reports that the Bond Market Association (BMA) is considering the possibility of launching an affiliate in Europe. Details that the BMA is having talks with United States and foreign members to gain support for the affiliate; What would be the major goal of the affiliate; Comments from Heather...
- The bond market association municipal swap index. // Bond Buyer;12/29/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30300, p30
Presents statistical information on the Bond Market Association municipal swap index.
- Thanks to price posting, TBMA Web site draws three times the visitors. Fadahunsi, Olayinka // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p30
Cites a Bond Market Association report showing an increase of more than 90 percent in user visits to its Web site after it began posting prices for approximately 1,000 credits traded four or more times a day. Link between the increase and the new price transparency initiative.
- The Bond Market Association. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p34
Focuses on the changes made by the Bond Market Association to its Web site.
- TBMA calls for presidential group to eye bankruptcy report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/21/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30256, p4
Reports on the Bond Market Association's call to the Working Group on Financial Markets to review and push for changes in bankruptcy and bank insolvency laws that raise legal risks for market participants. Concerns on the development of new and innovative financial products; Proposal to amend...