Refundings Saved N.Y. State Agencies $500 Million Last Year
- DASNY Approves $1.1B in New Issuance. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;9/10/2015, p1
The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York authorized $1.12 billion in new financings.
- Hospital Deals Get Approvals on Both Sides of Hudson River. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p28
Reports on the approval of the sale for tax-exempt debt for the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System Obligated Group by the New York State Dormitory Authority's board in New York. Finance of the series of construction projects; Plans of converting the variable rate debt into fixed-rate...
- $1.5 Billion for N.Y. Dorm. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p1
Reports on the refinancing for the mental health facilities by the board of the New York State Dormitory Authority. Marketing of mental health refunding bonds; Reorganization of the state-supported debt; Reduction of debt service costs.
- North Carolina's $1.3 Billion Student Loan Deal Takes Top Spot. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32961, p29
The article offers news briefs related to business investments in the U.S. The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York committed a $460.8 million offering revenue bond offering that was to be priced by JPMorgan. The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority will issue its mammoth...
- Reckson: Pilgrim's progress blocked by state. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/16/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p5A
Reports the lawsuits of Reckson Associates Realty Corp. against New York Dormitory Authority and Empire State Development Corp. over the misappropriated information of the Pilgrim Psychiatric Center. Challenges faced by Reckson for developing the center; Estimate cost of the construction project.
- Market Turbulence Delays Two Large New York Bond Issues. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/22/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32697, p28
The article reports that the sales of $320 million of consolidated service contract refunding bonds by the Empire State Development Corp. and the $138 million of consolidated service contract refunding bonds by the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York have been postponed. As a result of...
- Critics blast N.Y.'s issuance proposal to fund backlog of school aid claims. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/01/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30200, p1
Reports on the criticisms on New York's Dormitory Authority's plans to issue appropriation-backed debt annually to finance the state's school aid claims. Allegations on the proposal's violation of the principles of public finance; Amount owed by the state to its school districts; Suggestions on...
- N.Y. Panel OKs $3.5 Billion Dorm Deal, $620 Million From Various Issuers. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31742, p36
Reports on the refinancing of New York State Dormitory Authority debt with the approval of bond sales by the New York Public Authority Control Board that monitors debt issuance by the state's public authorities. Sale of new-money and refunding bonds for mental health facilities; History of the...
- Court orders NY to pay Reckson $3.2M. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/9/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 46, p5A
Reports on the legal fight of Reckson Associates Realty Corp. with the two state agencies namely Empire State Development Corp. and the New York State Dormitory Authority. Details about the ruling given by the court in favor of Reckson; Disagreement between the groups which led to the filing of...