Market on Pins and Needles Over Congress' Tax Plan Action
- Bush Wins, Tax Reform Likely. Barnett, Susanna Duff; Hume, Lynn; Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the likelihood of tax reform and other legislation that could have negative implications for municipal bonds following U.S. President George W. Bush's victory in the November 2004 election. Market analysts' comments on Bush's tax moves; Potential impact on the market of attempts in...
- The Impact of the 2003 Tax Act. Feely, Pam // Advisor Today;Sep2003, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Effect of the tax treatment of dividends and capital gains created by the act on the investment choices made by financial advisors and their clients; Change in the selection of...
- Muni Market Fears Competition From Bush Tax-Free Savings Plans. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports on the apprehensions of the U.S. Municipal Bond Market from the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed tax-free savings account plan. Outline of the plan; Reasons behind the apprehensions; Possible difficulties in implementation of the plan.
- A Tale of Two Investors. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;1/13/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p4
Examines two types of investors, as victims and as victimizers. Effect of protecting stockholder interest on firefighters who are investors; Proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush on the taxation of dividends.
- Dividends: How Bush's tax cut would affect investors. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;5/30/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p8
Discusses the effect on investors of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate taxes that shareholders pay on corporate dividends. Definition of dividend taxes; Affect on the economy; Savings from the elimination of dividend taxes.
- President Bush Signs Long-Delayed Tax Reconciliation Bill Into Law. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p5
The article reports on the signing of U.S. President George W. Bush of the long-delayed tax reconciliation bill into law in May 17, 2006. The legislation requires brokers to submit tax-exempt interest and to have written loan agreements for at least thirty percent of proceeds at the time of...
- Editor's Note. O'Connor, Walter F. // International Tax Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, piii
Raises some thought-provoking questions pertaining to dividend provisions in U.S. President George W. Bush tax legislation. Turmoil over the child credit for people; Corporate planning taxation; Query over credit benefits for taxpayers and corporate bodies.
- AGA Needs Your Support. Parker, David N. // American Gas;Mar2003, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p4
Comments on the economic stimulus package unveiled by U.S. President George W. Bush to eliminate the unfair and counterproductive double taxation of shareholder dividends. Impact of the proposal on the shareholders in the gas industry.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E. V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p25
Comments on the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to eliminate taxes on dividends. Number of states that levy personal income tax; Possible effect of the plan on the states' budget deficit; Disadvantages of the plan.