Lawmaker Urges Alabama Not To Spend All Its Tobacco Money
- One State's Mantra: Let's Tap Rainy-Day Fund. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH EAST p54
Reports on public finance conditions of Alabama as of March 3, 2003. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal 2003; Utilization of reserve funds of the state; Variation of the state's revenues during 1998-2001.
- Ala. Court Sides Against Schools in Fight Over Aid Cuts. Robelen, Erik W.; Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;7/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p23
Reports on the Alabama Supreme Court's ruling which obliges public schools to share the burden of state budget cuts whenever state revenues fall short. Criticisms against the rule by public school advocates; Negative impact of the ruling on public schools; Estimated percent cuts that will be...
- Governor: Alabama Facing Nearly $1 Billion Deficit. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2014, p1
Alabama is facing a budget shortfall that could reach nearly $1 billion in the next few years, according to Gov. Robert Bentley.
- Alabama Governor Vetoes State Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;6/8/2015, p28
The article reports that Alabama Governor Robert Bentley has vetoed the general fund budget of the state for 2016, asserting that the spending plan will result in significant reduction in government services. Topics discussed include the amount of reduction in spending incorporated in the budget...
- ONE FISH, TWO FISH, 374 FISH. Shimlock, Maurine; Jones, Burt // Sport Diver;Sep2012, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the release of the book "Reef Fishes of the East Indies," by Gerald Allen.
- Lawmaker proposes amendment to prevent gay marriages. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/27/2003, Issue 831, p31
Reports on State Representative Gerald Allen's proposal of a constitutional amendment designed to prevent courts from making gay marriages legal in Alabama. Allen's claim that he is proposing the amendment in reaction to a Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriages.
- AL Lawmaker to Ban Pro-Gay Books. Barack, Lauren // School Library Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the introduction by Alabama Representative Gerald Allen of a books censorship bill in the 2005 legislative session. Overview of the bill; Reaction of various groups to the bill.
- Authors' index. // Environmental Biology of Fishes;Dec2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p479
The article presents a list of authors' names who have contributed to the December 2002 issue of the journal "Environmental Biology of Fishes". Ryo Akiyama, Gerald R. Allen, Ronald Fricke, Roberta Barbieri, John D. Humphrey, Ivan Sazima, Radu Sucui, R. Adam Cottrill, Denis Fatin, Amos J....
- RELIGIOUS TYRANNY IS TEARING AMERICA APART. Overmyer, Ove // Empty Closet;May2005, Issue 379, pB9
Comments on a bill proposed by Alabama State Representative Gerald Allen at Alabama State Legislature on February 1, 2005 that prohibits the use of public funds in purchasing library materials that promote the GLBT community. Status of the bill; Purpose of Allen in proposing the bill; Comments...