HBO drawn to cartoons, but for adults
- To Draw Young Adults, TNN Adds Cartoons. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p27
Reports the inclusion of original animated series and uncut James Bond movies in the programming schedule of the National Network for 2002-2003. Introduction of adult-targeted cartoons; Enumeration of other animated series; Feature of edgy programming in primetime.
- Angels on Pax Net's schedule. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;05/04/98, Vol. 128 Issue 19, p106
States that Lowell `Bud' Paxson's network, Pax Net, will air five hours of children's programming on weekends. When the network will debut; How long would children's programming be aired, including off-network prime time `Touched by an Angel'; Information on the animated angels that the...
- MOUSE TRAP. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;11/5/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 19, p30
No abstract available.
- Cartoon Network: Lazzo's labor of laughs. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p24
Focuses on Mike Lazzo, senior vice president of programming and development at The Cartoon Network, who turned a childhood pastime into a lifelong passion. His initial goal to work for Ted Turner; How he got started in programming; Birth of The Cartoon Network; Why he covets `The Simpsons' show.
- Nick coin jingles to different toons. Richmond, Ray // Variety;9/09/96, Vol. 364 Issue 6, p33
Reports on Nickelodeon's expansion of its animated film production business. Joint venture agreement between Nickelodeon and MTV Networks; Factors affecting the animated films market.
- The Little Menace that could. Smith, Ethan // New York;05/03/99, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p25
Cites the two-minute animated clip `Park Wars: The Little Menace,' created by computer programmer Ayaz Asif and his colleagues, which spoofs the much-hyped trailer of the Star Wars film `The Phantom Menace.' Animated clip's use of characters from Comedy Central's television program `South...
- Friday-Night Fight. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the ratings success of Cartoon Network due to the creation of `Cartoon Cartoon Friday' programming in August 2000. Household rating of the network; Revenue of `The PowerPuff Girls'; Strategy of Nickelodeon.
- Cartoon Plans Documentary With Controversial Shorts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p84
Reports the plan to produce a documentary of Bugs Bunny shorts by Cartoon Network in the United States. Purpose of presenting a documentary; Portrayal of racial stereotypes in several Bugs Bunny series; Recognition of the responsibilities of the network being the leader in animation.
- Animation Publisher Offers Nickelodeon Cels. // Art Business News;Dec2003, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p22
Presents information on the arrangement between the Animated Animations Company with Nickelodeon to publish original production cels. Creation of the cels from animated television shows; Provision of the original seal in the artwork; Matching of each cel with the original or reproduction...