HBO drawn to cartoons, but for adults
- To Draw Young Adults, TNN Adds Cartoons. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p27
Reports the inclusion of original animated series and uncut James Bond movies in the programming schedule of the National Network for 2002-2003. Introduction of adult-targeted cartoons; Enumeration of other animated series; Feature of edgy programming in primetime.
- Angels on Pax Net's schedule. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;05/04/98, Vol. 128 Issue 19, p106
States that Lowell `Bud' Paxson's network, Pax Net, will air five hours of children's programming on weekends. When the network will debut; How long would children's programming be aired, including off-network prime time `Touched by an Angel'; Information on the animated angels that the...
- MOUSE TRAP. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;11/5/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 19, p30
No abstract available.
- Cartoon Network: Lazzo's labor of laughs. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p24
Focuses on Mike Lazzo, senior vice president of programming and development at The Cartoon Network, who turned a childhood pastime into a lifelong passion. His initial goal to work for Ted Turner; How he got started in programming; Birth of The Cartoon Network; Why he covets `The Simpsons' show.
- Nick coin jingles to different toons. Richmond, Ray // Variety;9/09/96, Vol. 364 Issue 6, p33
Reports on Nickelodeon's expansion of its animated film production business. Joint venture agreement between Nickelodeon and MTV Networks; Factors affecting the animated films market.
- The Little Menace that could. Smith, Ethan // New York;05/03/99, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p25
Cites the two-minute animated clip `Park Wars: The Little Menace,' created by computer programmer Ayaz Asif and his colleagues, which spoofs the much-hyped trailer of the Star Wars film `The Phantom Menace.' Animated clip's use of characters from Comedy Central's television program `South...
- Cartoon Network Goes Nuts for Squirrel Boy. // Animation;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p5
The article informs about the premiere of Creator Everett Peck's new cartoon show Squirrel Boy on Cartoon Network. The production of the same had already started in the Network's Burbank, California-based studio. The show will feature the misadventures of a 10 year-old boy and his best friend....
- Friday-Night Fight. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the ratings success of Cartoon Network due to the creation of `Cartoon Cartoon Friday' programming in August 2000. Household rating of the network; Revenue of `The PowerPuff Girls'; Strategy of Nickelodeon.
- Cartoon Plans Documentary With Controversial Shorts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p84
Reports the plan to produce a documentary of Bugs Bunny shorts by Cartoon Network in the United States. Purpose of presenting a documentary; Portrayal of racial stereotypes in several Bugs Bunny series; Recognition of the responsibilities of the network being the leader in animation.