Power Authority will open garage to moviegoers
- Authority plan ok'd. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p22
Reports that New York Power Authority trustees gave final approval to a rate plan for use of the transmission system, which will facilitate competition among wholesale electricity suppliers. Authorization for the filing of the open-access tariff with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by...
- Electric and magnetic fields: The Marcy-South decision. Poe Jr., W. Edward // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Provides information on the Marcy-South court decision regarding the health effects of electric and magnetic fields (EMF) of the Power Authority of the State of New York by plaintiff Mr. Zapavigma. Information on the Marcy-South litigation; How the Court did not sustain the plaintiff's attempt...
- Power agency shifts gears. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/5/94, Vol. 233 Issue 27, p9
Reports on a staff recommendation for the consolidation of electric generation and marketing operations of the New York Power Authority. Establishment of an entity for managing transmission lines; Restoration of a power plant near Buchanan, New York.
- Power Authority to outsource nuclear management services. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p11
Reports on the New York Power Authority's (NYPA) agreement to work toward outsourcing management services for its James A. Fitzpatrick nuclear power plant in Scriba and its Indian Point 3 plant in Westchester County. Expected signing of a five-year contract between NYPA and Entergy Corp.
- New executives named at Power Authority. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/29/97, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p9B
Presents the list of newly appointed executives at the New York Power Authority (NYPA) as of September 29, 1997. Includes appointment of Eugene W. Zeltmann as president and chief operating officer of NYPA; Appointment of David E. Blabey as secretary and general counsel; Promotion of Robert A....
- New York Power Authority weighs $1.6 billion refunding of all its bonds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30326, p41
Reports on the New York Power Authority's plans to trade all its bonds for new ones. Background information on the Authority; Debt payment scheme; Structure of the new bonds; Comments from industry executives on the Authority's plans.
- N.Y. Power agency OKs $1.4 billion deal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30338, p44
Reports on New York Power Authority's approval of the sale of bonds worth $1.4 billion to refund all its debt. Attempt to enhance the agency's prospects in a competitive power market; Lack of plans to compete with New York State investor-owned utilities.
- NYPA Deal Will Fund New Power Plants for N.Y.C., Long Island. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p39
Reports on the plan of the New York State Power Authority to sell tax-exempt and taxable bonds. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- New energy technologies highlight year for NY Power Authority. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/31/99, Vol. 13 Issue 52, p9
Reports on the New York Power Authority's accomplishments in 1999. Assistance provided by the authority through its `Power for Jobs' program, an initiative designed to help companies add jobs to their payrolls by offering low-cost electricity; Funding for energy-efficient projects; Construction...