Trombay No. 7 keeps Bombay's power on an even keel
Tags: ELECTRIC power plants
- Combined heat and power 2000 conference. // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p47
Provides information on a seminar on electric power plants to be held in Great Britain on February 18-19, 1998. Topics to be discussed; Contact information.
- Florida court to rule on default motion. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30279, p8
Reports on the petition filed by the partnerships of Okeelanta Power and Osceola Power, two financial troubled waste-to-energy plants in Palm Beach County, Florida, to the United States Bankruptcy Court this November 1997 for emergence from bankruptcy. Key points in the bankruptcy emergence...
- More Power to Them . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports on the plans of the Southern California Public Power Authority (SCPPA) for the issuance of revenue bonds to finance power plant. Agreement between SCPPA member cities for the project of gas-fired plant.
- BILL TO SPEED PROJECT DELIVERY RECEIVES MIXED INDUSTRY REACTION. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p11
Examines the bill to improve project delivery in the electric powerplant construction industry in California. Legislation authored by U.S. Senator, Steve Peace; Reaction of Independent Energy Producers Association executive director, Jan Smutny Jones; Establishment of California Consumer Power...
- Note on the seemingly indefinite extension of power plant lives, a panel contribution. Ellerman, Denny // Energy Journal;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Focuses on the phenomenon of the indefinite extension of power plant lives in the United States. Causes of life extension which can be considered features of the regulatory system; Emerging implications of the indefinite extension of the useful life of existing plant; Resumption of...
- New capacity survey. Bergesen, Christopher // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p31
Presents the annual new-plant construction survey by `Electrical World' magazine on new United States powerplants under construction, in design, on order, or planned for service in the years 1995-2003. Historical perspective of power plants; Changes in the electric utilities approach.
- Performance milestones set. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p16
Reports on developments in performance of machines in electric utilities plants. Includes consecutive operating days of Westinghouse Electric Corp's 160-mw-class 501F machines in Florida Power & Light Co; Siemens Power Corp's V84.2 machines; Continuous operation of Ms7001FA machines by GE Power...
- How deregulation increases network vulnerability. Irwin, Patricia // Electrical World;Oct97, Vol. 211 Issue 10, p50
Opinion. Comments on the vulnerability of the electric power network. Why people in the industry are not interest in vulnerabilities of the electric power network.
- Reports & studies. // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p12
Reports that the dollar amount of power plant related stranded costs in the United States may be too high. Reference to forecast `US Outlook'; Identification of the problem; Contents of the forecasts; Contact point for more information.
- Power Plant Start Delayed. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the delay in the proposed construction of an electric power-plant in Ottawa County, Michigan, due to high construction costs and low demand for electricity. Partnership between Panda Energy International Inc. and Alliant Energy Corp. for the project; Factors considered before...