Dow energy subsidiary may be for sale
- Dow's German power source. // Chemical Week;2/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Dow's teamup with subsidiary Destec to build and operate a gas-fired power station at Stade, Germany.
- Dow sells Destec shares. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/07/97, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the completion of Dow Chemicals Co.'s sale of its 45 million shares or 80% of the outstanding stock of Destec Energy Inc. to NGC Acquisition Corp. for $21.65 per share.
- NGC to acquire Destec from Dow Chemical. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;2/26/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p12
Reports on Dow Chemical's agreement to sell its Destec Energy subsidiary to Houston, Texas-based energy provider NGC. Plans to use proceeds from the sale to repurchase its own shares; Poor performance of Destec; Air Products and Chemicals' plans to sell its American Ref-Fuel waste-to-energy unit.
- Destec becomes ERCOT member. // Electric Light & Power;Feb95, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Destec Energy Inc. became the first nonutility generator to become a member of the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). Background of ERCOT; Comments of Destec officials.
- Destec captures Oakland airport power contract. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Feb96, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the first power supply contract of Destec Energy Inc. awarded by the Port of Oakland in Oakland, California. Terms of agreement.
- US firm buys into repowering project. // Modern Power Systems;Jan96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p5
Discusses the acquisition of a power project in the Dominican Republic by Destec Energy of Houston, Texas. Value of Destec's interest; What project involves; Scheduled date of plant's operation.
- Problem child. David, Gregory E.; Van Overbeek, Will // FW;11/22/94, Vol. 163 Issue 24, p36
Reports on the financial performance of Destec Energy Inc. for the year 1993. Stock performances; Company earnings; Operating income; Company affiliations.
- NGC Corporation to acquire Destec Energy. // Modern Power Systems;Mar97, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
Reports that NGC Corporation has agreed to acquire Destec Energy Inc. for $1.27 billion which will provide the company a larger stake in the power generation business in the United States.
- Dow's Destec unit being sold to NGC. Richards, Don // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/97, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on natural gas marketer NGC Corp.'s acquisition Destec Energy Inc. Terms of the agreement; Worth of the transaction; Other major deals undertaken by NGC Corp; Implications of the purchase.