- Special issue. STARENKO, MICHAEL // Afterimage;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p2
Comments on the increase of special issue publications in magazines and cultural periodicals by publishers in the United States, with focus on the `Art Paper' magazine. What art magazine editors attribute the increase in special issues to; Information on the `Art Paper'; Strategy used by the...
- Loving Canada, then and now. Dafoe, Christopher // Beaver;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p2
Offers information on `The Dominion Illustrated,' and an article in the February 1889 issue. Reference made to the Canadian Parliament, `The Canadian Magazine,' and its `Personal Column.' Who periodicals target.
- A Flip Through the Pages Of the Garden State. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;03/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the growing number of glossy magazines in New Jersey that focus on travel destinations, events and activities around the state. 'General Store Magazine'; 'New Jersey Life'; Financial struggle faced by publisher Lawrence Bataille in keeping 'General Store' on track.
- L.A. titles fuel rivalry. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the battle among magazines in inviting well-known names to join their staff. Rip George for the magazine Los Angeles; Magazine Buzz' incorporation of the mailing list of the magazine L.A. Style; Buzz editor Allan Mayer's meeting with the magazine Details founding editor, Anne Flanders.
- State-owned magazines pay their own way too. McMahon, John // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p67
Opinion. Compares the attributes of government-owned magazines with their private-sector counterparts. Benefits brought by taxpayer support on government-owned magazines; Similarity in the advertising, circulation and editorial problems; Invasion of advertising niche of private magazines;...
- Look north to boost single-copy sales. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p10
Recommends a way of boosting newsstand sales. Maximizing the potential of the magazine's Canadian base with special sections and split covers; CSK Publishing Co.'s plan to include custom editorial sections and specially-designed Canadian covers in its 1993 fall issues; Experience with England...
- Hi editorial, my name is sales. Page, Janis T. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p51
Stresses the importance of communication between editorial and sales staff in producing a magazine of value to readers. Adversarial relationship between editors and salespeople; Sharing of different perspectives; Magazine readers as consumer of both editorial and advertising information.
- Untitled. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p64
Reports on magazines launched in the market. NAB Multimedia News by the National Association of Broadcasters and the Interactive Multimedia Association; Official souvenir and visitors' guide for World Youth Day '93; Medical journal ILADIBA by Dowden Publishing Co.; More.
- Custom magazines won't raid your ad base. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/93, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p10
Discusses the merits of custom publishing. Fear of cannibalizing core product; Budgets for custom publications; Conflict between magazine publishers and custom divisions; Cases of existence of competition; Advantage of custom publishing.
- Protect your interests in custom publishing. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p9
Presents several methods which custom publishers can use to protect themselves. Definition of custom publishing; Examples of custom published magazines.