- Fitzgerald Bowing Out. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p31
Reports that United States Senator Peter Fitzgerald will not seek a second term in 2004.
- Senator Blocking Airport Measure. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p4
Reports the blockage of legislation on airports by Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald in Illinois. Effect of the legislation on the O'Hare International Airport expansion; Benefits of airport operators for the legislation.
- Fitzgerald floats riverboat plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/6/95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p38
Reports on a bill proposed by Illinois senator Peter Fitzgerald for the launching of riverboat casinos in the state.
- Illinois' Fitzgerald Is The New Face Of GOP. JEFFREY, TERENCE P. // Human Events;10/23/98, Vol. 54 Issue 40, p7
Characterizes Republican senatorial candidate Peter Fitzgerald. Difference from Bob Dole and Carol Moseley-Braun; Commitment to ban abortion even in cases of rape and incest; Views on political issues.
- PETER FITZGERALD AND LIFE AS A SENATE MAVERICK. Durkin, Tish // National Journal;7/7/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p2146
Features United States Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald. Views on the 1999 version of the patients' bill of rights; Contributions to environmental protection; Voting record posted by the senator.
- For business, Fitzgerald's silence anything but golden. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;04/12/99, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p11
Comments on United States Senator Peter Fitzgerald's abstaining from a vote on banking reform legislation. Ethical and political dilemma surrounding the bill; Fitzgerald's involvement with the banking industry; Fitzgerald's reasons for abstaining.
- Tougher rules urged for gambling firms. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/6/95, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p58
Reports on a bill requiring riverboat casino operators and horse-racing track licensees to disclose comprehensive financial information on corporate affiliates. Proposal by Illinois State Senator Peter Fitzgerald.
- Sen. Fitzgerald finally rolls out a welcome mat. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on U.S. Senator Peter Fitzgerald and the political and business changes initiated by him in Chicago, Illinois. Opposition of Fitzgerald to the expansion of the O'Hare International Airport; Fitzgerald's stand on the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century.
- Fitzgerald makes the right decision for him and state. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;4/21/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p11
A few years before April 2003, a representative of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce stopped by to talk with some CRAIN'S editors about various business-related issues. In the course of the conversation, he was asked about the chamber's relationship with Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, R-Ill. Ever since Mr....