Pennsylvania Authority Ramps Up Campaign to Recruit New Airlines
- Airline Thwarted. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p37
Reports on the limitation imposed on the expansion of the Southwest Airlines in Burbank, California by a law approved by Burbank voters in October, 2001.
- Bright skies for African airlines. Thomas, Craig // African Business;Apr98, Issue 231, p35
Focuses on the changes taking place in the airline industry of Africa in 1998. International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO) data on the increase in scheduled international airline traffic in 1997; Average load factors; Cessation of hostilities in the former Zaire; Air Afrique's new route...
- Aviation hub plan hit. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p9
Reports on the problems facing plans for Thailand to become an Asian regional aviation hub. Delays in the building of an airport in Bangkok; Lack of airline competition in the country; Features of the plan.
- Mixed fortunes for the regional airline industry. Stackhouse, John // Asian Business Review;May95, p28
Discusses the prospects for Asian airlines in 1995. Problems facing aircraft manufacturers in the region; Forecasts for the growth of the jet market in the region; Forecasts on the growth of airline traffic in the region. INSET: Plenty of activity at the commuter end of the market..
- Aviation. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p119
Reports that world economic and trade growth and airline cost development support the future growth of air transport in the Asia Pacific region. Expected growth of Asia Pacific air passenger traffic; Comments by Peter Harbison.
- The Muni keeps on flying. Webber, Larry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p13
States that the anti-Muni forces suffered a serious setback in March 1993 when Air BC announced that it would soon be offering four non-stop flights per day from the Municipal Airport to Vancouver. Edmonton Regional Airports Authority (ERAA); Air Canada's plans; Reactions from Mayor Reimer;...
- Air Canada keeps meddling. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/28/93, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p51
Announces Air Canada has appeal to the federal cabinet to overturn a National Transportation Agency decision allowing American Airlines to buy 25 percent of Canadian Airlines International. Air Canada claims the decision threatens survival of the Canadian-controlled airline industry.
- A glimmer of hope for PWA. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/27/93, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p51
Provides information from Canadian Airlines International President Kevin Jenkins who said that PWA, which owns CAI, expects all its creditors to approve a debt restructuring plan, which involves swapping $700 million of debt for common shares. Ninety percent of PWA's creditors have approved the...
- Calgary to Edmonton for $70? Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/20/95, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p21
Announces that a cluster of Calgary investors called ABC Air Group started testing the market in Edmonton and Calgary to determine whether an airline like Southwest Airlines Co. could generate enough business to operate profitably in the West. Who the Calgary group is led by; How they are...
- Airlines expect higher fall fares... Ott, J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/21/1987, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p33
US airlines transported a record 40 million passengers in August. They now project solid business travel for the fall and a profitable year. Average fares are likely to be four to five percent higher in the second half of this period. The struggle over pricing leadership has attracted nearly...