Illinois Has Medicaid On Its Mind
- Block grants could hurt bond ratings. // AHA News;10/9/95, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p5
Reports that a Standard & Poor's Corp. analyst has warned that federal Medicaid block-grant proposals could wreak havoc on hospital and local-government bond ratings.
- Illinois Aims for Medicaid Funds With $850M Short-Term Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p3
Reports that Illinois has sold general obligation Medicaid certificates. Approval of authorization to make the Medicaid payments by the General Assembly; Criticism on the borrowing practices of Governor Rod Blagojevich; Qualification for a reimbursement rate.
- Wisconsin Scraps Bond Plan Amid Higher Revenue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32135, p4
The article reports that Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle said the state no longer needs to issue 130 million dollar of revenue bonds to help balance its Medicaid budget because an additional 349 million dollar in revenue is now expected during the next two-year budget period. The bi-partisan...
- Arizona Governor: Cut $409M, Sell Revenue Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31499, p36
Reports on the plans of Arizona governor Jane Dee Hull to cut state spending and called for issuing bonds backed by revenues from leasing state land. Reasons to cut the state spending; Estimated budget deficit for fiscal year 2003; Percentage tax on medicaid benefits.
- NEW JERSEY: Moody's on Med School. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32652, p9
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. affirmed its Baa2 revenue bond rating and the Baa3 certificate of participation rating for the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. The action comes in light of ongoing federal investigations into the university's Medicaid...
- Mississippi House Passes Bond Bill Significantly Different Than Senate Measure. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p4
Reports on the passage of a bond bill at the Mississippi House. Use of the funds for projects such as a museum and the arts and a university stadium in the House version of the bill; Concentration of the Senate version on funding for economic development projects; Efforts of lawmakers in...
- Treasury junk bonds. Jason, Gary // Liberty (08941408);Apr2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
The author reflects on a report published in the "Financial Times of London" in the January 11, 2008. He presents the findings of independent bond-rating company Moody's that escalating cost of U.S. entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security can cause a downgrade of the...
- Florida Counties Revolt Against Revenue Intercept Law. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33712, p8
The article reports on the revolt of Florida Counties against the revenue intercept law signed by Governor Rick Scott. It says that 52 unprecedented counties has joined the lawsuit which challenges the new state law that county officials believe can impair bond payments ability and meet...
- Moody's Drops Detroit Medical Center's Rating to Ba3. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/1/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31668, p4
Reports that the U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the rating of Detroit, Michigan-based Detroit Medical Center Inc. (DMC), following the release of the 2002 audited financial statements of DMC, as of July 1, 2003. Factors that led to downgradation of...