Fairview, Clinic deal intensifies Meridia bidding
- Clinic keeps upper hand in Cleveland. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/14/96, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p10
Reports that Meridia Health System merged with Cleveland Clinic Foundation instead of the University Hospitals Health System (UHHS). Information on the merger; Other mergers involving Cleveland Clinic; Comments from Meridia's President Charles Miner; Rivalry between Cleveland and UHHS;...
- Research trio map plan for biomed park. Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the partnership established by Cleveland, Ohio-based medical care organizations to create a biomedical industrial park in the area as of April 10, 2000. Details of the industrial park proposed by the University Hospitals Health System, Cleveland Clinic Foundation and Case Western...
- COMPLAINT TRIAGE. Byrne, Alanna // InsideCounsel;Sep2013, Vol. 24 Issue 261, p47
The article discusses the efforts of the legal team of health company University Hospitals Health System Inc. (UH) to address its challenges. The team helped the hospital reduce the lawsuits it faces to 50 per cent. According to the author, the group also introduced technological systems to...
- Meridia to move heart services to Hillcrest. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p3
Reports on Meridia Health System's transfer of its open heart surgery program from East Cleveland to Mayfield Heights, Ohio. Comments from Charles B. Miner, president and chief executive officer; Cleveland Clinic Foundation's proposal to open a heart surgery center with Lake Hospital System;...
- Meridia sets merger for Hillcrest, Huron. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/6/93, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the merger of the Hillcrest and Huron hospitals of Meridia Health System as part of its strategic plan known as Meridia 2000. Consolidation of operations and administrations of Meridia hospitals to create a more integrated system; Mergers in 1984 and 1985; Physicians' support; Aim of...
- Meridia overhauls system structure. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the changes in Meridia Health Systems' management structure. Areas of responsibility assigned for Meridia's clinical and administrative management; Services offered by the company which experienced restructuring; Remarks from company officials.
- Meridia puts deadline on deciding its fate. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p4
Reports on early July 1995 as Meridia Health System's self-imposed deadline for determining its corporate strategy for survival. Health care companies wooing Meridia for a full merger; Criteria to determine the feasibility of Meridia's options; Non-profit competitors which joined for-profit...
- Meridia may revive efforts to move heart surgery center. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/3/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
Speculates on Meridia Health System's revival of a plan to relocate its open heart surgery program to Mayfield Heights from East Cleveland, Ohio. Move as subject to the approval of the state Department of Health.
- Meridia Hillcrest breast center opens. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/13/95, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p15
Reports on Meridia Health Systems' opening of a Breast Center at Meridia Hillcrest Hospital in Mayfield, Ohio.