Four-legged skier dies
- Flex Benefits. Rogan, Michael // Ski;Jan2010, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p77
The article focuses on leg movements for skiers.
- Drink Up. Wallace, Bevin; Miracle, Michael // Skiing;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p84
Focuses on the dehydration of skiers. Effects of dehydration on the skiing performance and health of skiers; Events that may happen due to dehydration.
- Olympic Metal. // Ski;Dec2001, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p52
Reports on the amputation of the right leg of skier Hermann Maier after suffering from a motorcycle crash.
- Lazy Legs. // Ski;Nov2000, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p60
Suggests a basic action plan to eliminate leg problem of skiers. Cause of leg problem in skiing; Views on the leg movement of skiers.
- Frank Steed. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p3
Reports on the death of Frank Steed, director of Ashley House, on January 14, 2000.
- Death and how to avoid it in the High Tatras. Togneri, Chris // Slovak Spectator;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the risk of death faced by skiers and hikers in the High Tatras in Slovakia. Number of deaths related to sports since 1990; Complexity of the weather; List of safety tips for skiers and hikers.
- THIS MONTH'S WICKED AWARD GOES TO... Dostal, John // Skiing;Nov2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p4E
Reports on how Vermont skier John Brownlee got injured while skiing OB at Mad River Glen in April 2003. Information on his right leg.
- Backcountry Skier Dies in Avalanche on South Teton. Skagg, Jackie // Avalanche Review;Apr2010, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the death of skier Wray Landon because of an avalanche on South Teton, Wyoming on February 21, 2010.
- The end of Lucy Dicker's story. Samuel, John // Ski;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the death of skier and writer Lucy Dicker. Career background; Achievements; Accounts of the accident which killed Dicker.