SKW buys Master Builders from Sandoz
- SKW to build new company? Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;4/24/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 16, p14
Reports on SKW Trostberg and Master Builder Technologies' (MBT) deal for the formation a company in the construction chemicals sector. Move to fit with Trostberg's strategy of growth through acquisition; MBT's change of owner following the merger of Ciba and Sandoz to form Novartis.
- Master builders changes hands. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/11/96, Vol. 237 Issue 20, p13
Reports on Sandoz Ltd.'s sale of Master Builders Inc. to German firm SKW Trostberg for nearly $1 billion. Sandoz's aim of focusing on pharmaceuticals after merging with Ciba-Geigy Corp.; Master Builders' specialization in additives for concrete.
- Trostberg has big plans. // Chemical Week;6/15/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 23, p8
Reports on SKW Trostberg's expectation of a substantial acquisition for the equity from its imminent listing on the Frankfurt stock exchange in Germany. Increase in sales for 1993.
- SKW buys DSM's construction chemicals. // Chemical Week;5/8/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p8
Reports on SKW Trotsberg's purchase of DSM Chemie Linz's construction chemical business. Terms of the deal.
- Trostberg gets MBT. // Chemical Week;12/18/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 49, p31
Reports on SKW Trostberg's purchase of the Master Builders Technologies construction chemicals division of Sandoz.
- SKW Trostberg has an upmarket mix. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;2/19/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p34
Profiles Trostberg, Germany-based chemical company SKW Trostberg. Dominance of the world's construction chemicals market; Purchase of Sanofi Bio-Industries that positioned the company as a major food ingredients player; Role of chairman Wilhelm Simson in the growth of SKW Trostberg.
- IPO will fund SKW's acquisitions. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/24/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 20, p17
Reports that SKW Trostberg has planned to use the money from its initial public offering in May 1995, to fund future acquisitions. SKW Chairman Wilhelm Simson's remarks on the company's acquisition targets; Target sales of SKW; SKW's purchase of Sanofi in 1994.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;6/4/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 22, p21
Reports on SKW Trostberg company's 1996 financial status. SKW's net income and sales in 1996; Sales of SKW's construction chemicals division.
- Degussa to Decentralize Its Operations. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/16/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 16, p8
Reports that Degussa AG, the specialty and fine chemicals company being formed through the merger of Degussa-Huls and SKW, will be centralized. How the business units will be treated; Reason behind the move; Goal of the company by 2004.