Brokers hail Kroger
- Kroger gives frozens department status. // Frozen Food Age;Aug97, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p72
Informs that the Kroger Company, food chain in Cincinnati set up a separate frozen food department in November 1966. What motivated the arrangement; Person who will head the department.
- `Signature' touch is placed on the Houston market. // Frozen Food Age;Sep97, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on Signature superstores of Kroger company in Houston market. Features of the superstores; Customer services of the superstores; Various comments regarding Signatures; Advertising campaign used by Kroger for its frozen foods.
- Keen awareness reaps dividends in Cincinnati. // Frozen Food Age;Sep97, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on Cincinnati Kroger marketing area (KMA) and its ability to support cost cutter promotions and advertising period. Descriptions of KMA; Testing of meal solutions that incorporate frozen product from Tyson by KMA; Philosophy of Cincinnati KMA.
- 'Stacking High' Will Cost You! // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;Jun2007, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the plan by executives at Kroger to examine the stacking practices of frozen food retailers in the U.S. In a conference call with securities analysts, Kroger executives said they plan to monitor the stacking practices of retailers to make sure they do not have products...
- FLASH FROZEN! // Frozen Food Age;May2001, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1
Presents news briefs on the frozen foods industry as of May 2001. Sale of the North American businesses of Vlasic Foods International to Hicks, Muse Tate & Fuse; Decline in shares of Tyson Foods Inc. and IBP Inc.; Award won by Kroger Co.
- Healthy Kids Eat 5 A Day. Labetti, Kristi Sue // Frozen Food Age;Aug2001, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p1
Highlights the competition among frozen foods companies, Fry's, Co-Sales Co., Ralphs, and marketing company, Advantage Sales and Marketing, to promote the nutritional benefits of frozen fruits and vegetables to children. Award received by the participating companies; Display design featured by...
- Pioneering Frozen & Refrigerated Foods. // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;May2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the success of Kroger Co. as one of the pioneers for frozen and refrigerated foods in the U.S. Frozen foods was sold at a limited fashion starting in 1930. However, the effect of the World War II on frozen and refrigerated products, gave the category a boost, as the...
- Kroger Arrives at a Crossroads. Duff, Mike // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;Apr2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p9
The article focuses on the market strategies of Kroger Co. It states on the long-term plan of the company to attracts new customers and coaxes existing consumers. It mentions the Kroger's Southwest Division in Houston, Texas, which operates 209 stores, has been utilizing its market research...
- FROZEN MEMO. // Frozen Food Age;Apr2008, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p8
This section offers news briefs on the frozen food industry. Fresh Direct is expanding its home delivery service to Scarsdale, New York. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says an incident that led to a recall of Gorton's Crispy Battered Fish Fillets was not the fault of Gorton's Seafood or...