Communication's growing role leads to changes at the IBCA
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p29
A list of the top professional organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of members is presented, including Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors, Clark County Education Association, and The Social Register of Las Vegas.
- Conn. trade group readies brokerage. Plasencia, William // American Banker;2/24/94, Vol. 159 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the Connecticut Bankers Association's launching of a program to help its members sell mutual funds and other investment products. Petition for regulatory clearance to open a full service broker-dealer subsidiary; Community banks' aggressiveness in marketing investment services;...
- The Latin American Studies Association vs. the United States: The verdict of history. Cuzan, Alfred G. // Academic Questions;Summer94, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p40
Examines the resolutions, reports, and other official declarations of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA). Radicalization of LASA in the 1970s; Promotion of Marxism and Leninism in the Americas; Denunciation of the United States and its allies; Views on the Sandinistas in Nicaragua and...
- Hear no evil, see no evil... Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/17/95, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p15
Focuses on the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta's ruling on the Paddle River Dam scandal. Debunking of alleged unethical activities of its members.
- Oklahoma City memorial grove dedicated. // American Nurseryman;1/1/96, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p19
Presents a photo caption of members of the Iowa State Horticultural Society lining up trees in memory of victims of the April 19, 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Location of the memorial.
- The New England Society of Open Salts Collectors to meet. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p80
Reports on the holding of The New England Society of Open Salts Collectors' meeting on October 19, 1996 in Marlboro, Massachusetts. Activities; Contact information.
- 1,700 attend conference. // Business Insurance;11/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p14
Reports on the annual international conference of the Minneapolis, Minnesota-based organization Professional Liability Underwriting Society held on November 10-13, 2002 in Orlando, Florida which was attended by huge number of people. Mission of the organization.
- Research into 1.6 gpf toilet law advocated. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Jan1998, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p65
Reports on the bill to repeal the law which makes the 1.6 gpf toilets mandatory which was proposed by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers, still under consideration by Congress. Indepth look at another idea the American Society of Plumbing Engineers have; Agreements with Knollenberg that...
- To benchmark or not to benchmark? Ajluni, Cheryl // Electronic Design;03/23/98, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p24
Opinion. States that designers need a method for evaluating the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Consortium tools with emphasis on benchmark. Why many EDA vendors refuse to take part in benchmarks; Reasons for EDA vendors becoming user friendly; Reference to the pc-board benchmark conducted...
- Brillante award recipients. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1995, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p18
Presents recipients of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs' (NSHMBA) Brillante Awards for 1994. Includes Prudential Preferred Services vice president Booker Rice; Doctor Jerry Porras; Houston mayor and Junior Achievement Inc. chief executive officer Kathy Whitmire.