- The moral of the story. Tucker, William // American Spectator;Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p20
No abstract available.
- Welfare and the states. // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 45, p20
Editorial. Offers some suggestions regarding the debate over reform of the nation's welfare system.
- Finding the way to `fix' welfare is not so simple. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p1
Reports the interaction between the Republicans and the Democrats over the issue of welfare reforms. Problems faced by the government over increasing number of teenage mothers; Implementation of welfare reforms in various states; Inability of the government to change the attitude of the...
- Welfare: Do it right. // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the postponement of the welfare reform debate by the Senate and presents some thoughts on welfare reform. Republican and Democratic proposals; Problems faced by the welfare recipients in finding suitable jobs; Recommendations.
- Clinton preps for welfare reform, Act 2. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;11/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 251, p1
Presents information on United States' President Bill Clinton's plans to amend the welfare reform, Act 2. Factors that Clinton finds objectionable and what they represent; Changes that can be made to improve the law; Remarks by welfare analysts; Emphasis on job creation for welfare recipients.
- As California goes...so goes welfare reform? Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/9/97, Vol. 89 Issue 31, p3
Comments on the plight of legal immigrants in the United States who are have been deemed ineligible of federal welfare checks as a result of welfare reform legislation. Expectation that the effect of federal welfare reform cuts will be most felt in the state of California; Details on the...
- California wrestles to make welfare reform work. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;5/7/97, Vol. 89 Issue 113, p4
Comments on how the issue of welfare reform is being dealt with in the United States, focusing on a debate in California. Information on the reform; Significance of time limits; Reference to Governor Pete Wilson's proposed welfare reform program; View that Wilson's proposals are too harsh;...
- Welfare overhaul needed with emphasis on work ethic and personal responsibility. Wilson, Pete; Poochigian, Charles // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/04/97, Issue 322181, p22
Editorial. Recommends the overhauling of the public welfare system in the United States with emphasis on work ethic and personal responsibility. Empowerment of the most needy in the society; Replacement of welfare with a sound and humane policy.
- Welfare reform impossible dream under current status quo. Masera, Kathy // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/15/97, Issue 322199, p27
Opinion. Focuses on the prospects for welfare reform in the United States. Nature of private employment in the United States; Problems facing welfare-to-work job seekers; Statistics on the number of people employed in government; Prospects for success of job placement in the private sector.
- W2W may be bigger challenge than Y2K for Valley business people. Carr, Reo // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/07/98, Issue 322352, p26
Editorial. Focuses on the welfare to work problem in the United States. Difference from the Year 2000 computer bug; Lack of skills to resolve the problem; Role of businesses in managing the problem.