Timely information, activities abound
- Do you specialize in a particular area of ophthalmology? // Ophthalmology Times;2/20/95, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p20
Presents a chart of the specialization of ophthalmologists in the United States.
- The field is mostly guys in the city... // Ophthalmology Times;2/20/95, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the portrait of ophthalmologists in the United States. Predominant practice in large metropolitan areas; Specialization; Importance of surgery.
- ...But the number of women is growing. // Ophthalmology Times;2/20/95, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the increase of number of women entering the field of ophthalmology in the United States. Women in different age groups in ophthalmology.
- Slow but sure on the road to computerization. Nash, Karen // Ophthalmology Times;5/1/95, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p27
Reports on the use and effect of computers in the practice of ophthalmologists in the United States. Billing patients; Generating follow-up reminder letters; Percentage of ophthalmologists who have access to computer networks; Efficiency of electronic mail over the telephone; Appointment reminders.
- OT/HPR eyechart. // Ophthalmology Times;5/15/95, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p1
Presents a graph indicating the percentage of ophthalmologists who do RK in different regions in the United States.
- Practice trends. // Ophthalmology Times;8/14/95, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p2
Presents several charts related to career satisfaction of ophthalmologists in the United States.
- Losing patients with managed care. Johnson, Tom // Ophthalmology Times;8/28/95, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p1
Part I. Cites a study conducted by `Ophthalmology Times' on the decline in ophthalmologists' patient access. Increase in competition with optometrists as factor behind drop in patient accessibility; Harm done to patient's health by optometrists.
- Would you want your children to become ophthalmologists? Pascucci, S.; Schanzlin, David J. // Ophthalmology Times;8/28/95, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p3
Presents the views of doctors on whether or not they will allow their children to become ophthalmologists. Field of endeavor that offers opportunities for satisfaction; Satisfaction of helping restore people's vision; Importance of patient/physician interaction.
- Balancing act ignores choice. Gatty, Bob // Ophthalmology Times;12/18/95, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p6
Editorial. Presents a view on the issue of `choice' and its relationship to ophthalmologists and patient's health-care options.
- For some ophthalmologists, vacations are a real... // Ophthalmology Times;1/22/96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the feelings of those doctors who spend their holidays in operating rooms in parts of Africa and other countries restoring sight to persons with eye problems.