Quiet signs of gratitude sing in a bustling city
- Purpose mastery. Cashman, Kevin // Executive Excellence;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the concept of purpose mastery. Questions which can help discover life's purpose; External manifestation of purpose; Principles to be considered in search for the mastery of purpose.
- Another Kind of Student Life in America. Huang, Lynn // Chinese Studies in History;Fall2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p67
Recounts an author's experience during her stay in the U.S. Challenges encountered during her stay; Type of jobs she entered into; Advice of the author on facing life's adversities and how to handle them.
- National commentary. Richmond, Donald S. // Business Credit;Sep97, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p4
Opinion. Discusses the process whereby the author has grouped the periods in his life which he considers to be episodes. Grouping of the episodes in chronological order; Significance of the length of his current employment; Concept to which the word episode applies; Encouragement for persons to...
- The quest for a vision. Tilton, Buck // Backpacker;Feb95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p96
Writes about living a life. Experience of change as a human being; Importance of being alone; Finding of peace.
- 99 things to do before you die. // Cosmopolitan;Feb1993, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p94
Lists 99 things to do before you die. Includes: Learn to speak a foreign language; Be an extra in a film; Make love on a forest floor; Have your portrait painted; Swim with a dolphin; Be the boss; More.
- Perfect, thanks to Mulligan. Wunder, Sue // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 187, p16
Relates the author's experience of learning for the first time about mulligans in golf, or second chances. Details about the golf course the author was playing on; The purpose of mulligans in moderation.
- The way we are. Wyse, L. // Good Housekeeping;Jan1992, Vol. 214 Issue 1, p182
Editorial. Urges us to reintroduce and refresh the constants in our lives as this new year begins.
- Life as an intrinsic rather than instrumental good: The `spiritual' case against euthanasia. Bleich, J. David // Issues in Law & Medicine;Fall93, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p139
Presents the biblical view that human life is an intrinsic rather than an instrumental good. Support of such view from the Talmud, Jewish law and the works of various Jewish theologians; Precedence of the value of life over other any consideration; Implications of the view of life an merely an...
- Plain Jane. Palacios, Monica // Lesbian News;Jun98, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p33
Opinion. Comments on living a simple life. Information on being fashionable; Details on the simple life of the author.
- Defending your life. Wilkinson, R. // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p12
Comments on the author's life on the occasion of his 35th law school reunion. His mother's influence on him; How his career unfolded; What had become of some of his old friends; His choice of a career in public services, teaching and writing rather than that of a Wall Street lawyer.