Towing the line
- In rain or shine... Orr, Steve // All Hands;Sep94, Issue 929, p10
Presents a typical day for the crew of the tugboat Dahlonega (YTB 770). Work schedule of the 11-person crew.
- Fighting to save Pearl Harbor's last `veteran'. // National Geographic;Dec95, Vol. 188 Issue 6, preceding p1
Reports on efforts to restore the World War II tugboat Hoga. Service during the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii; Activities after Pearl Harbor.
- Tugboat & towing cos. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/15/97 1997/98 Book of Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p216
Presents information on tugboats and towing companies in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Ahoy. // Traffic World;9/8/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 36, p39
Features a life-size replica of Theodore Tugboat named Theodore Too in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Travel route; Events hosted by the ship during summer.
- Alligator revival. Dale, Stephen // Canadian Geographic;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the restoration of an Alligator amphibious tugboat used by loggers in the late 19th century. Ceremonial unveiling of the first Alligator in 1889 in Simcoe, Ontario; Rebuilt alligator as a focal point of a theme park in Simcoe; Wide range of use of the Alligator in a half-century of...
- Super tugboats to escort tankers. Pope, Gregory T.; Boatman, John // Popular Mechanics;Sep94, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p23
Features the tugboats `Garth Foss' and `Lindsay Foss.' Voith-Schneider cycloidal propulsion units; Chaperoning of oil tankers; Steering ability; General Motors diesel engines.
- ABOVE AND BEYOND. // New Yorker;9/1/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 26, p46
The article previews the Great North River Tugboat Race and Competition to be held in New York Harbor in August 31, 2008.
- Nordic Tug. Morris, Kristine // Pacific Yachting;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p63
The article offers information on the 2012 Pacific Northwest Nordic Tug Rendezvous with 59 boats and 134 tuggers held at the Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend, Washington from June 14-17, 2012.
- In Seattle, little boats push the big boats around. Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;10/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 226, p12
Looks at how tug boats work in Seattle, Washington, including their work of escorting ships and pushing barges.