- Hartley-Merrill gala honors scribes. Kowalski, Eileen // Daily Variety;6/25/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the 12th annual Hartley-Merrill International Screenwriting Gala held at the WGA Theater in Los Angeles, California. Top film writers who attended the occasion; Event highlights.
- Florida man takes top honors in Az. screenwriting contest. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;08/31/98, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p10
Highlights the 1998 annual Film in Arizona Screenwriting Competition. Arizona-based script generation; Awareness of the state as a filming location; Winners in the competition.
- Three scripts. Hoolboom, Mike // Journal of Film & Video;Fall97, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on teaching writing for dramatic, fictional films in traditional screenwriting classes. Details on the teaching writing for films; What students do during these classes; What encourage students to think about the kind of writing experimental filmmakers do.
- Screenwriting contest opens. // Inside Tucson Business;5/5/97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p13
Announces the Arizona Film Commission's call for entries to the Film in Arizona Screenwriting Competition, designed to promote location filming in the state. Contest rules; Deadline for submission of entries; Contact information.
- Nicholls get record entries. // Daily Variety;6/20/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 53, p41
Presents the number of entries for the Don and Gee Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting received by the Motion Picture Academy in the U.S. Amount of the awards given by the association; Citation of the 2002 fellows.
- ADDITIONAL WRITING. GINSBURG, AARON // Script (10922016);Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of writing the script for a film which was screened at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Writing for the Screen...Some thoughts on Dialogue. Shadoian, Jack // Literature Film Quarterly;1981, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p85
Discusses the concept of dialogues in screenwriting. Description of the use of dialogue in films; Details on how screen dialogue offers contradictory attitudes towards language; Impact of dialogues on film characters and images.
- Boot camp for local scribes. Calder, Peter // Variety;12/24/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 6, p10
Provides information on the workshop and screenwriting laboratory launched by the New Zealand Writers Foundation, as of December 2001. Objective of the effort; Writers who have participated in the events.
- New scribes drawn to contest. Maynard, Kevin // Daily Variety;7/12/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 28, pA5
Focuses on the Outfest Screenwriting Competition in Los Angeles, California. Objective of the competition; Benefits offered to the gay community; Comments from previous nominees.